Mobile QA Automation Tester
Company: Manifest Solutions Corp.
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Mobile QA Automation Tester. Position requires equally strong testing experience, technical savvy, and communication skills.
- Supports quality assurance programs and processes in alignment with QA strategy and requires strong knowledge of testing best practices in addition to technical automation skills.
- Responsible for supporting test automation efforts and providing feedback on test artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phases within client projects.
- Initial focus on mobile automation with Appium, thus experience with the latest releases of Appium is REQUIRED, as is experience performing as a standalone tester or leading a team of testers.
- A strong understanding of good UI modeling and element locating strategies is essential.
- Requires the ability to interact with technical application teams and individuals, strong communication skills and assertiveness, and the ability to introduce and adopt best practices.Position/Project Specific Requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- 3+ years of dedicated experience writing mobile tests with Appium (experience with most recent releases of Appium REQUIRED)
- 3+ years of experience with test runners (Junit, TestNG, Mocha, Jasmine)
- 3+ years of experience with CI tools
- 1+ years of experience with Selenium Grid
- 1+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- 1+ years of using Jira for defect tracking
- 2+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management (or equivalent tool)
- Prefer latest release of Appium being utilized in the current/most recent project
- Prefer Agile methodology being utilized in the current/most recent project
- Prefer experience in the SAFe Agile approach
- Prefer working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Multi-task to meet assignment deadlines
- Accurately estimate work assignments
- Show assertiveness
- Have obtained a bachelor's degree in Information Systems or have related and equivalent work experienceEssential Job Functions:
- Effectively work in a fast paced environment utilizing the Agile methodology
- Develop and maintain functional automation test scripts utilizing modular frameworks and best practices
- Execute test scripts to validate correct functionality of application
- Use SQL for back-end database validation
- Perform various types of testing including smoke, white box, black box, integration, end-to-end, regression, and system testing as needed
- Participate in requirement & design review sessions; evaluate requirements & design docs from a quality test automation standpoint
- Manage test coverage based on risk analysis
- Document defects and evaluate priority of defect based on overall application functionality
- Coordinate test script reviews with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Adhere to requirement review, defect writing & test script writing guidelines
- Keep QA Lead and management informed of current state of quality and test progress
- Ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions
- Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with project team.
- Identify obstacles and roadblocks; and offer suggestions to work around obstacles
Keywords: Manifest Solutions Corp., Cincinnati , Mobile QA Automation Tester, IT / Software / Systems , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!