Windows Systems Administrator (Xetron)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Cincinnati, Ohio area.
Roles and responsibilities include:
* Perform as primary Windows System Administrator for a large classified government contract
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
* Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
* Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
* Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
* Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
* Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
* Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
* Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
* Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
* Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
* Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
* Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
* Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
* Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
* Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
* Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
To learn more about who we are click here.
* Master's degree with0 years ofIT experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with2 years of IT experience; OR an Associates degree with 4 years of IT experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with 6 years of IT experience is required
* Must have experience administratingWindows and/or VMWare servers
* Must have a DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
* Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
* Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as needed
* Candidates must have a current DOD Top Secret level security clearancein order to be considered
* Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, SCI access as a condition of continued employment
* The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology discipline, a Security+ CE certificate, and 7 years of Windows server administration within a classified environment
* Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
* Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment
* Server management
* Current Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar certifications
* Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs;
* Cisco experience and/or certifications desirable
* Windows domain architecture experience
* Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems
* Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions
* VMWare experience with current version
* Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk)
* Rudimentary Scripting (PowerShell) would be helpful
* Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment
* Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
* DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
* Current SCI accessis preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Cincinnati , Windows Systems Administrator (Xetron), IT / Software / Systems , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!