Sr. Software Engineer
Company: Matthews International
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Auto req ID
Sr. Software Engineer
Regular / Temporary:
Full-Time / Part-Time:
Overall Job Summary
The Sr Software Engineer is responsible for designing and
developing server programs for distribution center management.
Understands equipment, business and customer requirements that
drive the design of the technical solutions. Participates in all
phases of product development lifecycle, including the analysis,
design, database designs, installation support, systems/software
installation debugging, and support of other complimentary
engineering staff associated with software engineering. Resolves
site requirement changes, and support solutions to complete
designed equipment installation.
* Supports project level technical management functions including
the following but not limited to the below:
* System functional definition
* Defining server program development/deployment schedules and
management of the schedules to completion.
* Server application to other systems (PLCs/WMS, etc.) interface
* Assisting in defining test scenarios, network and other customer
requirements and server and other hardware sizing.
* Coordinating with overall project management (manager).
* Coordinating with software engineering group to insure proper
system performance occurs
* Anything else needed to insure proper and successful project
* Supports internal efforts to develop standard PLC software
* Mentors both controls and software engineers for both technical
and interpersonal skills with customers and internal personnel.
* Participates with department manager to insure department goals
are being meet and guide department personnel to meet the goals set
by department manager
* Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
* Bachelor s Degree in Software Engineering or related field; or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
* 4+ years progressive Software Engineering experience required
* Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or
internationally may be required.
* High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet
* Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving,
presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to
completion), & planning skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (including
analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with
peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal
and external clients.
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a
fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk, hear and see.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to
perform the essential functions.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to
employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic
information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Matthews International, Cincinnati , Sr. Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!