Front End Developer
Company: Pure Romance
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Pure Romance is the largest direct seller of relationship
enhancement products in the United States. Its premiere line of
products is marketed through a distinctive network of in-home
parties organized by more than 20,000 independent sales
You will find a challenging and rewarding career working with a
group of motivated professionals in the United States, Canada,
Australia, Puerto Rico, and South Africa. Our staff enjoys generous
benefits including an onsite gym with full-time trainers, flexible
work schedules, free downtown parking and numerous activities
throughout the year to boost friendship and camaraderie between
departments. Pure Romance rewards exceptional performance with
accelerated salary increases and promotion through increased
A local, highly skilled contract Front End Web Developer to develop
market leading client experiences. This position will play a
critical role to help bring our amazing designs to reality. You
will work closely with our Product Owner to gain an understanding
of our design vision. Youll be the key owner and engineer of our
centralized style sheets and UI components for our applications.
This will be a 6 month contract.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Designs and develops assigned projects to meet the business
needs and requirements of the end user while adding technological
efficiencies that incorporate a future focus using an Agile
Development Methodology (SCRUM)
- Debugs and updates existing applications by analyzing problems
that are reported and implementing the best solution.
- Communicates issues, concerns and development progress
throughout the development cycle with the Business Analyst and/or
Enterprise Solutions leader.
- Selects appropriate technology to implement that will provide
the most company benefit while providing a consistent, supportable
- Performs unit tests of programmed solutions to verify the
functionality and performance to meet end user requirements and
- Documents and maintains logic and business rules used in an
application to ensure consistency and clarity with regard to
programming logic. Maintains status to document completed and
- Remains current with technological developments and evaluates
the feasibility of incorporating new technologies into supported
- Responsible for assigned projects from beginning to completion
and frequently includes maintenance after implementation.
- Assigned projects may be complex in nature and impact more than
one program or application.
- Works with internal customers from all business units to
transform business requirements into effective solutions.
- Works with outside vendor or contractors to create solution to
- "Other duties as assigned."
- Expert with HTML5, CSS and CSS preprocessors (Sass/
- Associate Degree from an accredited college/university in
computer related field with significant course work and/or
experience in design, development, and analysis of technology
solutions; or equivalent combination of education, training and
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments including
ability to be flexible and adjust priorities as business needs
change. Project deadlines may conflict making it necessary to
negotiate and communicate with stakeholders.
- Possesses sound analytical, problem-solving, and critical
thinking skills. Application design may be complex in nature and
modifications may broader than the application itself. Must have
ability to think creatively and incorporate current technical
solutions into outcome with end user in mind.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in both oral and written
fashion to both technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to
use interpersonal communication skills and to interact with
co-employees, customers and supervisors with tact and
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and understand the
impact postponing or delays has on others inside and outside
- A self-starter proven ability to manage own time and work with
minimal direction, demonstrating self-direction and
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- The application developer may be required to work overtime to
meet strict deadlines associated with projects. This includes an
on-call component managed through a rotation system to assist users
on non-typical office hours.
- During times of conversion or system implementation, the
application developer may be required to work weekends or
non-typical work hours when system usage is minimal.
- The position is physically located in the home office in
Cincinnati, Ohio. The work environment is of a typical office
setting; noise level is relatively quiet and occasional stress is
encountered as deadlines approach. The position requires an
individual to sit for long periods of time and using computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to communicate, converse and exchange information. The
employee is frequently required to be in stationary position at
least 50% of the time, use hands and fingers to grab, and reach
with hands and arms.
The Employee is occasionally required to run, traverse, stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift or move
up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position does not require you to travel.
Keywords: Pure Romance, Cincinnati , Front End Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!