Assistant Corporate Counsel
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Our Americas Region Legal team is seeking an experienced Assistant
Corporate counsel to join our team. The Americas Region consists of
the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. In this role
you will provide legal advice, counsel, and service to internal
business clients concerning legal rights, obligations,
opportunities and privileges, by:
- Drafting corporate governance documents and contracts.
- Providing hands-on legal counsel to personnel at all levels of
- Managing large and complex legal projects.
- Assisting with directing legal operations.
- Identifying, researching and analyzing legal issues.
- Managing outside counsel.
- Developing, coordinating, and conducting legal and compliance
- Recommending and drafting company policies.
What you will do:
- Draft corporate governance documents and contracts, including
without limitation, confidentiality agreements, technology and
license agreements, privacy and data security agreements, HR
agreements, distributor agreements, supply and service agreements,
advertising and marketing agreements, logistics agreements, real
property and equipment leases, product development and joint
development agreements, manufacturing agreements, and agreements
and documents related to mergers and acquisitions
- Provide day to day hands-on legal counsel (by email and
in-person or virtual meetings) to personnel at all levels of the
company, while also leading large and complex legal
- Assist with directing legal operations, including providing
guidance to legal staff, coordinating support of requests that come
into the legal department, managing the legal staff's workflows and
project volumes, serving as a liaison between the legal department
and management, and identifying and making recommendations
regarding process improvements, technology adoption, and budget
- Identify, research, and analyze legal issues
- Manage outside counsel
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct legal and compliance
- Recommend and develop company policies
What you will need:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and active law
license in good standing
- 15-20+ years of legal experience
- Experience managing large and complex legal projects (mergers
and acquisitions, and/or data security and privacy programs, are a
- Supervising legal staff, assigning tasks, and managing legal
- Developing and implementing legal strategies
- Strong work ethic with ability to work extended hours pursuant
to business needs
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines with
- Ability to develop trust and work with individuals from all
levels of the company
- Ability to lead people and influence decisions
- Willingness and ability to adapt to change, learn new skills,
embrace new ways of thinking and/or new and creative ways to
An expected salary range is $110,000 - $170,000.
How we work: Having been selected among the World -s Most Ethical
Companies for 17 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose
and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and
craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment.
At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their
career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always
aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer:A friendly and flexible work environment with
competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the
opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At
Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We
believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own
hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and
Hiring Process:Kao embraces the diversity and the individual
personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that
makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas
of the global community.
Want to learn more:If you feel you are as unique as our products
and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a
career with us please visit our Americas website (.
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Kao, Cincinnati , Assistant Corporate Counsel, Legal , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!