Homeowners Assistance Clerk
Company: Fifth Third Bank, N.A.
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Job DescriptionMake banking a Fifth Third betterWe connect great
people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step?
Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.GENERAL
FUNCTION:Works under minimal supervision while performing various
clerical and system related tasks. Support staff for the Loss
Mitigation group, which resolves defaulted real estate loans. Files
worked could relate to early, mid or late stages(up to charge-off)
of delinquency including loss mitigation, bankruptcy pre
charge-off, and charge-off and recovery collections. Analyst must
maintain departmental, investor and legal guidelines and is
required to utilize multiple systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word,
Access, PowerPoint and Excel is essential. Responsible and
accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas andopinions,
elevating concerns, and personally following policies and
procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing
for customers andcolleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors
drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the
Bank's risk appetite, achieves resultsby consistently identifying,
assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all
types.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures data integrity is accurate by auditing remittances
received from borrowers and attorneys.
- Responsible for all Loss Mitigation outgoing mail, incoming fax
retrieval, group voice mail distribution and monitoring of group
email box for the department.
- Posts transactions in computer files and updates files when
- Completes filing and audit checks of completed Loss Mitigation
- Creates and maintains reports, spreadsheets records and logs
and distributes them to management.
- Reviews Loss Mitigation workout accounts for loan modification
- Coordinates corrections and adjustments through Consumer Loan
- Performs research on consumer credit information, updating the
credit bureau when necessary to ensure accurate reporting on Loss
Mitigation completed files.
- Coordinates with Consumer Lending Recovery Department in Grand
Rapids the exchange of agreements and repayment plans on deficiency
- Resolves complex problem requests received, referring only
highly complex requests to the Supervisor.
- Communicates issues, as needed, to management team.
- Prioritizes activities to meet workload demands.
- Records all completed tasks via the collection system.
- Successfully completes assigned projects using business-related
applications such as CACS, Access and/or Excel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:None.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of clerical experience within the legal or
- Working knowledge of collection processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong focus on time management and ability to handle multiple
- Strong knowledge of the keyboard, personal computers, and
various software packages.Homeowners Assistance ClerkLOCATION --
Cincinnati, Ohio 45227Fifth Third Bank, National Association is
proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and
ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions
regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status,
veteran status or any other legally protected
status.LocationsCincinnati-United States of America
Keywords: Fifth Third Bank, N.A., Cincinnati , Homeowners Assistance Clerk, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!