At The Standard, you'll join a team focused on putting our
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture.
We're looking for people who are collaborative, accountable,
creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what's right
- across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference,
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let's work together.
What You'll Do:
The primary responsibility for the Financial Services
Representative role is to provide an excellent quality experience
while answering phone calls from customers regarding their
retirement plans with The Standard. This is an inbound phone center
where customer service, critical thinking, problem solving, and
adaptability are key skills. While the primary calls will be
incoming, outgoing calls are also required as well as responding to
customer emails. Frequent questions include online account access
and navigation, loan and distribution eligibility, rollovers, and
RMD's. More complex questions and requests include statements, plan
entry eligibility, deferral rate changes, rebalance transactions,
fund to fund transfer transactions, future directive change
transactions, discussing market volatility, planning for
retirement, and providing service related to The Standard's
Mainspring Managed service. In addition:
* Leverage industry knowledge, internal systems, and principles
of retirement investing to assist customers.
* Educate plan participants on their available investment
options to help them make changes to their investment strategy.
* Use internal systems and tools and help participants
understand how their employer sponsored retirement plan fits into
their overall retirement picture.
* Review transaction history, account statements, and other
financial data to help customers understand their account
* Engage in consultative, educational conversations customers
regarding their investment goals, tolerance for risk, and time
horizon for retirement.
* Personalize and relay accurate information to customers about
their retirement account by phone and email striving for a first
contact resolution experience.
* Problem solve, perform initial research and follow-up with
* Navigate multiple systems while talking with customers
* Meet standard performance metric expectations
* Interact with internal departments to help resolve customer
* Support contact center team projects including user acceptance
testing as needed
The Skills and Background You'll Need:
* Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 2+ years customer service, contact center and financial
services background preferred.
* You will be required to pass the SIE (if required) and
transfer or obtain the Series 6, with Series 63 where applicable,
OR a Series 65 license within 90 days of your date of hire.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company
of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities,
Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The
Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or
any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The
Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where
possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired
by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other
cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or
reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a
criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education
and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All
employees of The Standard must be bondable.