Head of School
Company: Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Overview: The Head of School (HOS) is the Chief Executive and
Administrative Officer of the school. The HOS reports directly to
the Board, has all powers and duties in connection with the overall
operation of the school. The HOS exercises leadership through
school administrators who comprise the Leadership Team. Key Leader
- Vision Keeping in mind the mission of the school, the HOS shall
establish a vision, develop a focused plan, and effectively
articulate the goals to the Board, Leadership Team, and school
community, enacting continuous improvement.
- Sustainability Engage in strategic analysis, data
generation/analysis forecasting and scenario planning, driving to a
- Communications and Collaboration Facilitate communication and
collaboration with the Board of Trustees. Maintain effective
relationships with school personnel and involve stakeholders in
decision-making and communication processes.
- Policies and Governance: Identify, prioritize, recommend, and
follow policies and governance procedures that maintain a focus on
the central goal of ensuring the success of all students.
- Instruction Lead in the creation of instructional systems
designed for high student engagement and achievement. Maintain
high-quality instruction, create culture and expectations
supporting effective and innovative decision-making using
research-based best practices for curriculum design and
instruction. Promote technologies to support teaching and learning
at all levels of the school.
- Resources Focus financial, human, time, materials,
technological and facility resources in support of the school's
goals for student engagement and achievement. Recruit, develop,
evaluate, and retain quality staff congruent with the school's
mission and to meet strategic goals.
- Leadership Skills Identify, address, and/or resolve tasks and
emerging problems unique or crucial to the successful operation of
the school. When required, oversee construction projects, lead
resourcing initiatives including fundraising or financing, and
build consensus within the community. Monitor and achieve optimal
enrollment. Desired Attributes and Qualifications
- Effective written and oral communications skills. High
- Sound and thoughtful decision-making.
- Collaborative team-builder. System wide culture-builder.
- Innovative Design Thinking Focus.
- Ability to build a culture of trust and high expectations.
- Facilitation of conflict management. Demonstrated
- Ability to anticipate problems.
- Fundraising and community engagement. Endowment builder.
- Ability to align Equity with Christian Values. Unifier.
- Professional, charismatic leader who demonstrates
self-confidence, approachable, and a high level of character and
integrity. Position Requirements:
- Head of School or considerable business executive leadership
- Significant understanding of the unique needs of today's
independent schools Notice of Interest If this position is of
interest to you, please submit the following by February 27, 2021:
- A cover letter of interest which includes why CHCA would be an
ideal place for you to lead as the Head of School
- A current resume
- A list of professional references with name, relationship,
telephone number and an email address for each Essential functions
under the Americans with Disabilities Act may include any of the
duties, knowledge and skills listed above. This list is
illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all
functions and duties performed by employees in this position.
Regular attendance is an essential function of this job. The
physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate. MENTAL
FUNCTIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to compare, analyze, communicate, copy, coordinate,
instruct, compute, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills,
compile and negotiate.
Keywords: Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, Cincinnati , Head of School, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!