Disputes Intake Representative 7/12 start, MTWTh 9a-530p Sa 830a-5p
Company: Fifth Third Bank
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to
take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third
Under general supervision will provide optimal service while
supplying accurate account information and establishing
expectations regarding disputed transactions. Handles inbound phone
calls from customers and bankers in a call center environment to
service customers who need to dispute a transaction or an account
and provides status of existing cases to customers. Perform
moderate risk analysis of account and transaction data involving
Uniform Commercial Code [UCC] and Regulation E and Regulation Z
claims in effort to balance customer experience and risk for the
bank. Responsible for initiating a dispute and capturing all
elements as required by regulations and as governed by department
procedures; researching customer transactions, analyzing and
rendering decisions on customer disputes, with the goal of
preventing losses to the customer and the bank.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas
and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies
and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right
thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and
behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating
within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle customer calls utilizing discretion while balancing the
risk between the bank and the customer while researching and
resolving customer disputed transactions via systematic input.
- Must have excellent customer service skills when speaking to
customers, effective in demonstrating confidence to the customer
and provide accurate SLAs and expectations, as measured through the
department's quality and customer satisfaction program
- Analyze and utilize all bank records, systems and the case
management system to facilitate a comprehensive review of all
- Effectively uses computer systems for tracking, information
gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Request documentation of transactions from other departments,
customers, merchants, and other financial institutions to formulate
appropriate risk decisions.
- Assure that regulatory timeframes as well as internal Service
Level Agreements [SLA] are met to avoid compliance violations,
which include, but are not limited to issuance of credit, reversal
of fees, interest reimbursement, mailing appropriate notification
letters to customers, case closure timeframes, etc.
- Interact with the internal departments to identify
trends/issues and offer recommendations for improvements to policy
and procedures, as applicable.
- Specialist relies on instructions and pre-established
guidelines and procedures to perform the functions of the job while
referring exception cases to Supervisor/Manager.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of previous in-bound call center experience
or minimum of two years of face to face customer service
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and knowledge to
ensure that departmental procedures and regulations are met.
- Customer-focused, understanding of individual customer needs.
Must be able to express empathy towards customer's
- Ability to adapt to the needs of challenging calls (i.e.,
understanding and responding appropriately to emotional responses
sadness, anger, etc, and negotiating with merchants).
- Ability to remain professional in all circumstances to
customers, merchants, and teammates.
- Ability to comprehend the debit/credit card industry and
related company policies as it pertains to resolving merchant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension and problem-solving
- Adaptability, dependability, and flexibility.
- Strong computer navigation and typing skills.
Disputes Intake Representative 7/12 start, MTWTh 9a-530p Sa
LOCATION -- Cincinnati, Ohio 45227
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an
engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal
employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of
race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran
status or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati , Disputes Intake Representative 7/12 start, MTWTh 9a-530p Sa 830a-5p, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!