Universal Banker - Florence
Company: Republic Bancorp, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Universal Banker is responsible for providing efficient,
professional and quality customer service to all Republic Bank &
Trust Company clients. This position is also responsible for
selling retail deposit and loan products to consumer and business
clients inside and outside the Banking Center. Additionally this
position must deliver a high level of service by opening and
closing deposit accounts, taking and processing consumer loan
applications, directing customer service issues, and handling
teller transactions. This position must help achieve the sales and
growth goals for the Banking Center.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college
- Minimum 3 years previous retail sales experience or 1-year
Republic Retail Banking experience required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet
- Previous loan experience preferred.
- NMLS Registration will be required*
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for comprehensive, prompt, and efficient client
transactions. Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts,
verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and
enters deposits into Horizon system.
- Greet all clients as soon as they enter the banking center and
work to develop a strong banking relationship with regular
- Balances cash drawer each day, meeting Republic's standard of
- Sell Republic's products and services.
- Performs SSR transaction overrides & makes hold decisions
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments, ensures
the payments match balances due and enter payment into Horizon
- Takes outgoing wire transfer requests; processes cash advances;
cashes checks & processes withdrawals; opens & records the night
drop deposit transactions; balancing ATM; researches necessary
information upon client's request while following all security
procedures for the banking center.
- Through the use of consultative sales, evaluate all clients for
additional deposits and loans, effectively cross sell other bank
products and services to ensure a solid client relationship, and
identify opportunities for additional lines of business.
- Go on sales calls outside the bank to businesses to solicit for
& open employee checking accounts.
- Proactively and efficiently take consumer loan applications
from clients while utilizing consultative sales approach.
- Open and close all types of deposit accounts (checking,
savings, CD's) both business and personal, following all bank
policies and procedures.
- Monitor activity of all new accounts, to ensure all cross sales
have been properly activated and on-boarding is followed and
- Adhere to Bank's new client on boarding process and
- Actively work calling lists of existing clients to cross sell
for other products or expanded relationships, including retention
of existing accounts.
- Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements
affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively
learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if
- Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank's values and
corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation,
accountability and dedication to the organization.
- Willingly perform all other duties and projects as
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal communication skills required for effective
interactions with clients to meet financial investment objectives
and/or resolve problems or complaints.
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team
- Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
- Must be well organized and able to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is
regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or
walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands
and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
- Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Limited out-of-town travel is required for training purposes
for those outside of the Louisville Market.
- Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some
evenings, weekends and overtime work.
- Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory
and regulatory changes.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It is not
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
- This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements.
Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for
employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage
originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the
federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing
under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully
or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will
affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in
corrective counseling up to termination of employment. This
requirement applies to markets outside of Louisville and Central
Kentucky only. If it is determined that an SSR will need an NMLS,
the required training must be successfully completed prior to the
establishment of the NMLS.
Keywords: Republic Bancorp, Inc., Cincinnati , Universal Banker - Florence, Other , Florence, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!