Senior Regulatory Specialist
Company: Archer Daniels Midland Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Senior Regulatory Specialist
This is an exempt position.
The senior specialist role provides Regulatory know-how and
expertise to support the overall business strategy of the
organization, both internally and externally. It involves regular
verbal and electronic communication with R&D, Sales and
customers to help grow and maintain the business. This position is
also responsible for activities that assist ADM's customers place
their product(s) onto various markets in compliance with relevant
end product rules, both domestic and international.
- Data maintenance: vendor communication, interpretation of
vendor documents and creation and maintenance of technical data in
the company database for purchased ingredients and finished ADM
- Documentation: coordinates across functions and is responsible
for the creation, issuance and updating of product documentation,
which includes specifications, ingredient and allergen statements,
nutritional information, BE/GE status reviews, organic compliance,
Kosher, Halal, country compliance, country of origin, SDS and other
Regulatory documentation provided to customers and technical
personnel as needed.
- Formula Assessments: reviews pending formula revisions
/communicates any change notices required.
- Policy: assists in managing, reviewing and revising Regulatory
work instructions; reviewing and applying Regulatory or client
policies & practices.
- Regulatory Information Provision: acts as an information
resource and represents the regulatory viewpoint for both internal
and external customers. This includes the provision of education
and guidance to R&D and commercial teams on various regulatory
- Audits: may need to communicate with external governing
agencies and third-party certifiers as required; participates in
internal or external certification audits.
- Other: performs other duties and special assignments as
required. Willing to travel to other company locations and
industry/trade association events when applicable.
- BS degree in Food Science, Chemistry or other related science
field; and/or equivalent qualifications through Associates degree
and relevant job experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years' technical regulatory experience, preferably
in the area of compliance for the food, beverage, flavor, or
specialty ingredients industries.
- Strong, independent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Laboratory analytical skill is a plus.
- Strong computer skills: proficient in MS Office packages; adept
in learning other software including internal programs.
- Planning/organizing: ability to focus on priorities and work
under pressure to meet multiple deadlines with minimal supervision.
Project management experience would be beneficial.
- Proven interpersonal skills including ability to work in a team
environment, and actively participate and contribute to
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with solid
attention to detail.
Relocation assistance may be available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including
401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug
screen and a background check.
Keywords: Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cincinnati , Senior Regulatory Specialist, Other , Erlanger, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!