Distribution Center Operations Manager
Company: DHL eCommerce Solutions
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Operations Manager is responsible for the management of the
major functions of the distribution center during Operation
Manager's shift; supporting the ongoing development and
implementation of the DHL eCommerce business plan through timely
and accurate mailings while maintaining a cost effective
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage production, quality process and transportation in
accordance with DHLs policies and procedures to obtain optimal
- Manage and coach Operations Supervisors and hourly
- Conduct and ensure employee performance evaluations are
completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure a high level of staff morale and high retention
- Communicate through implementation of a communication plan to
include regular formal and informal meetings.
- Establish weekly operations plans to ensure all customer volume
is processed in a timely manner.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, working
conditions, and increased efficiencies.
- Understand and facilitate local transportation operations.
- Support and coordinate region transportation operations.
- Coordinate and ensure all safety and regulatory compliance
needs are met for internal and external powered equipment.
- Work with Human Resources function to include time &
attendance, headcount, staffing, evaluations and employee
- Manage DCs quality functions: monitor internal/external quality
controls; track service commitment levels and effectiveness,
develop new quality initiatives; implement best practices.
- Monitor and ensure that all facility equipment is working
correctly and meeting production standards.
- Act as liaison between the facility and the on-site USPS.
- Keep updated on all USPS/regulatory changes.
- Oversee safety activities including compliance with DHLs safety
policy, employee training, reporting, and maintaining OSHA
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Management, related field preferred or
related work experience.
- 5 years of experience in a supervisory/management role
- Experience with MS Office, excellent Excel skills.
- Lean Experience preferred
- Ability to work all shifts including midnight shift
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Must be able to overcome obstacles with cooperation among team
members, build consensus and foster harmonious relations.
- Able to work a range of shifts based on operational needs,
after-hour, weekends and holidays.
- Requires moderate physical activity; ability to stand and/or
walk for an extended period of time and occasionally lift up to 50
- Works in a warehouse environment where frequently this position
will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will
constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud
enough to require protective equipment; will frequently be exposed
to dust, dirt and changes in lighting.
- Temperature in the distribution center can vary greatly from
warm to cool.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disability
Keywords: DHL eCommerce Solutions, Cincinnati , Distribution Center Operations Manager, Other , Hebron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!