Material Handler / Operator II - Hebron, KY
Company: Ceva Logistics U.S., Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Performs various manual operations and operates equipment in a
warehouse and logistics process. Receives, identifies, stores,
picks and moves goods and material and operates hand trucks, pallet
jacks, forklifts, palletizers and other equipment as required.
Common Working Titles May Include: Freight Handler, Material
Handler, Forklift Operator, and Warehouse Worker. This does not
include drivers or office employees.
- May serve as a lead operator in less complex, smaller teams or
- Operates a forklift when required and is fully trained and
operational; may not perform the most complex, heavy or oversized
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in
bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style,
color, product code and related characteristics; tends to be more
complex or in multiple cells or operations and fully trained.
- Operates hand tools to close or opens bales, build or tear down
crates, and other containers or material; packaging can be advanced
- Completes or verifies appropriate forms, documents, labels and
other information to ensure the accuracy of inventory, monitor and
track material and successful receiving and/or delivery of goods;
involves knowledge of several operations or varied goods and
- Identifies potential operational or service concerns, notifies
appropriate co-workers and assists with resolving.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and a
safe and effective work environment.
- Assists with training and providing basic work instructions to
new hires or transfers.
- Develops and maintain excellent customer service to internal
and external customers at all times, such as working
collaboratively, providing timely communications and instruction
and assisting with operations as necessary.
- Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment,
and products within assigned area.
- Prepares and assembles orders, picks and counts material, moves
and loads materials between operations or trucks; uses labor or
manual equipment such as hand truck or pallet jack.
- Performs various warehouse maintenance tasks, including
sweeping floors, cleaning docks, staging, packing, racking and
related storage areas, proper storing equipment, basic preventative
maintenance and related tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
High school Diploma or GED required.
Typically at least two years of warehousing or related logistics
experience, or successful completion of a rotation program.
- Operating hand and power tools, including hand truck, pallet
jack, and related warehouse equipment.
- Responding promptly and professionally to customer needs,
including in a warehouse environment.
- Reading, comprehending and completing shipping, receiving and
related operational documents.
- Performing in a team environment.
- Performing manual tasks, including those in a warehouse
- Following safety policies and procedures, including those in a
- Basic proficiency in Internet, web-based and job specific
- Assisting with providing basic work instructions.
- Identifying and resolving potential operational concerns.
- Operating a forklift or the ability to become forklift
certified, when required.
LICENSES and certifications:
Forklift Certification typically required in most operations
within 3 to 6 months of hire.
Valid state issued driver's license.
Typically not required.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a
richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We
aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our
industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to
deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best
supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent
in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place
and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran
status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual
Keywords: Ceva Logistics U.S., Inc., Cincinnati , Material Handler / Operator II - Hebron, KY, Other , Hebron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!