Production Machine Operator/Furnace Operator
Compensation: Starting wages are $16.50 - $18.00 an hour
depending on experience!
Mon-Fri: 2pm-10:30pm or 3:30pm-12am (TBD)
Our people are the heart of our business. As the worlds
largest provider of thermal processing services, Bodycote employs
thousands of highly skilled staff around the globe, some of the
best engineers, scientists and technicians in the industry. Our
staff are encouraged to develop their skills through professional
career development and our in-house training resources.
At Bodycote what we do matters and as a member of our team,
what you do matters too. Do you like to work with your hands
handling components for automotive, aerospace, medical, general
industrial or oil & gas manufactures? Come start a career with
Bodycote as a furnace operator on our shop floor treating metal
components with heat for durability and reliability. This very
active position includes loading and unloading incoming components
while learning to operate heat treatment furnaces. In addition you
- Control and monitor heat treat furnaces while following written
procedures on shop orders.
- Prepare work for processing; load and unload furnaces, bins,
fixtures, baskets, etc.
- Bring any unusual problem or irregularity to the attention of
- Practice and promote safety and good housekeeping.
- This position will allows for cross training and development of
We are seeking candidates with the following
- This position must satisfy ITAR compliance requirements,
therefore candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Resident
- Education High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience operating a vacuum furnace for
- Must have knowledge of heat treat processes, metallurgy and
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including
- May need to obtain and maintain forklift operation
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the
What we offer:
- Paid holidays and 3 weeks paid time off.
- 401k with 5% company match.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans for employee and family.
This position requires the following physical and mental
demands consisting of, but not limited to the following:
- Must be able to work in a standing position for extended
periods of time in an industrial environment.
- Ability to work full-time, 40 hours per week with
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files,
- Ability to hear in person and via phone
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bodycote has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe,
quality-oriented and productive work environment and for these
reasons all applicants in the United States who receive a
conditional offer of employment must undergo a drug screen before
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate against current and prospective employees based on
race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical
disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military
and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.