ASU Plant Manager - Ghent KY
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Division: Universal Industrial Gases, LLC
Location: Ghent, KY, United States
Other Available Locations: N/A
Basic Job Functions:
BACKGROUND: Universal Industrial Gases, Inc. (UIG) is a
wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor and a well-established, global
engineer, constructor, supplier and operator of air separation
plants and related equipment and services, based in Bethlehem, PA.
UIG owns and operates production plants across the USA which supply
both Nucor steel sites and also third-party clients 24/7 with
tonnage quantities of oxygen, nitrogen and argon as well as
exporting liquid cryogenic products by road tanker.
UIG is currently seeking an Air Separation (ASU) Plant
Managerlocated at Gallatin KY.
The responsibilities of the position includeoverall management of
site operation activities. Duties include management of production
rates and product quality parameters, on-stream performance,
efficiency, operating budget, and achievement of safety, quality,
and environmental objectives. The Plant Supervisor for a new plant
will ideally be hired in advance of initial plant startup and will
play a key role in local staffing decisions, operations staff
training, and commissioning and startup of the new facility.
- Lead and train the assigned plant operations team mates
- Lead maintenance of environmental, safety, and quality
assurance compliance systems and programs.
- Be the key contact for continuing communication with customers
to coordinate plant production and maintenance activities to meet
customer needs and availability guarantees.
- Evaluation of current process conditions and implementation of
plant loading plans.
- 24 hour on-call responsibility.
- Lead continuous improvement of all applicable safety,
environmental, quality and compliance programs
- Member of quality control unit (QCU)
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor;
therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to
initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures,
and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Eight years experience working in operations team of a
continuous process plant or managing in the industry gas
- Experience in Air Separation Including an advanced
understanding and hands-on experience of the operation and
maintenance of cryogenic air separation plants and associated
equipment and technologies.
- Experience with the various software systems used at an UIGI
air separation plant, including, but not limited to MS Office
- Experience with Mechanical and Electrical Instrumentation -
Candidate should understand electrical principals in practical
situations involving the operation and repair of complex electrical
devices typically found on air separation plants and should possess
good skills in mechanical system maintenance including
implementation and ongoing review of maintenance programs and asset
- Experience in the use and maintenance of the tools and
equipment necessary for repairing and replacing mechanical,
electrical, and electronic equipment.
- Experience in standard automation software, control system
programming, and human machine interface (HMI).
- Experience working independently to troubleshoot, diagnose &
solve issues with process and plant equipment; and to develop and
rapidly implement corrective actions.
- Experience training teammates on plant operations, quality
control procedures and the proper techniques of instrument
calibration and maintenance
- Experience in water treatment technology and the principles of
industrial refrigeration systems.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
M/F/Disabled/Vets and a drug free workplace
Nearest Major Market: Covington
Keywords: Nucor, Cincinnati , ASU Plant Manager - Ghent KY, Other , Ghent, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!