Company: The Boston Beer Company, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire
the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking
people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we
play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Packaging Supervisor in Cincinnati,
The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for the operation and
manufacture of Boston Beer Company products within the Packaging
Department including production line and warehouse area(s). This
includes meeting safety standards, GMP standards, quality
specifications, and operational efficiencies. The specific areas of
focus are personnel supervision, personnel scheduling, and on the
floor tactical problem solving. Demonstrate passion and
enthusiastically support and drive a high-performance team
environment through highly motivated, collaborative, engaged
operators and leads.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the following - bottle line(s), can line(s),
keg line, and SACB warehouse.
- Must be able to work in and foster a team oriented, "Safety
First" environment. Safely, efficiently, & effectively work to
attain department and brewery goals and objectives while producing
a high quality product.
- Observe and practice safe work methods and ensure 100%
compliance with wearing and using the proper PPE. On shift contact
for emergency response & escalation.
- Ensure product quality standards are met and ensure "Only good
products leave the brewery."
- Strong floor presence & employee engaging leadership
- On floor tactical problem solving & escalation of outstanding
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiastically support and drive a
high-performance team environment through highly motivated,
collaborative, engaged operators and leads.
- Performing audits related to safety, quality, food safety, and
- Creating & maintaining personnel schedule - daily, weekly,
vacation, absence coverage, overtime sign-up & temporary
- Complete all payroll tasks - schedule, timecard approval,
- Responsible for approval all work requests & creating work
orders as well as assigning priority.
- Data integrity for MES downtime - completion & accuracy.
- Data integrity for MES quality checks - completion &
- Sanitation program manager - assign tasks, verify completion, &
verify quality of work. Adjust timing & frequency of tasks as
- Packaging Department KPI file management - OEE, segment loss,
container loss, & changeover metrics. Data entry, accuracy, &
response when under achieving.
- Packaging shift lead absence coverage.
- Union relations - meeting with union steward to resolve
outstanding issues & grievance response.
- Coaching leads & operators on shift.
- Following proper escalation plan within the brewery.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of proven leadership & supervisory
- Proven ability to supervise a large number of people &
- Competent in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in high speed food manufacturing and/or warehouse.
Bottle/can/keg production and/or warehouse experience
- SAP & Kronos experience preferred.
- Prefer experience working within a union environment.
- Formal problem solving expertise required, Lean/Six Sigma
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We not only have
to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them
too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive
compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent
healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program
with a generous company match. Not to mention, there's the free
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure
reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's
Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request
accommodation in the job application process can contact
email@example.com for assistance.
Keywords: The Boston Beer Company, Inc., Cincinnati , Packaging Supervisor, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!