Sr Network Engineer
Location: West Chester
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Responsible for network site planning, equipment deployment
planning, deployment managing and basic design of network
instances. Completes network deployment, manages contract teams in
deployment, provisions and supports, wireless, Ethernet transport
regional network serving residential and commercial customers.
Responds to network incidents, determines resources needed for
correction and corrects or leads team involved in resolving
incident. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own
discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as
resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Develops practices and procedures for network installation,
maintenance and operation.
- Develops and implements test and acceptance criteria for
- Schedules equipment activations, customer-affecting network
maintenance develops documents of customer networks for network
users. Meets with potential customers, designs solutions, works
with vendors on pricing and implements solutions that are adaptable
to customer need changes.
- Exercises judgment during incident management, site design,
network configuration and network activation to ensure efficient
use of funds and time.
- Designs network site planning for multiple regional network
- Represents Regional Company interests with providers to ensure
timely delivery of circuits.
- Develops and maintains network element documentation and
inventory. Maintains appropriate inventory or network spare
equipment for rapid restoration.
- Orders, tracks and reports on all internal and external wired
and wireless connection activation activities.
- Develops cost proposal documents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Cincinnati , Sr Network Engineer, Other , West Chester, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!