Senior Manager, Technology Operations
Posted on: September 15, 2021
We are a technology company on a mission to activate the best
possible health outcomes for every person in the world. With hubs
in Cincinnati, Chicago, NYC, and Tampa, we have grown to over
40,000 physician offices. Patient Point impacts half a billion
patient visits each year, as physicians, life sciences, health and
wellness organizations, and patients adopt our technology platform
to drive better health decisions during the most critical moments
of care. With 120,000 physicians already utilizing our solutions at
their practices, our commitment to activating the best health
outcome possible for people everywhere grows stronger.
Sr. Manager, Technology Operations
You are an energetic engineering people leader with expertise in
using technology to solve business problems and to enable internal
consumers of IT to be as productive as possible.
As a Sr. Manager of Technology Operations, it's essential that you
have the breadth of knowledge to lead the team in bringing agile,
DevOps, and security best practices into technology operations. You
should be curious about technology and open to learning about and
applying new innovations from the rest of the software
You have a passion for contributing to the development of
high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined
attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement,
and mentorship. You delight in managing people to their fullest
potential and thrive in a culture of innovation.
You understand that leveraging technology is a means to an end,
accomplishing the mission of building a decision platform that
positively impacts the health outcome for every person, everywhere.
You want to build things that matter.
- This is a role with 90% management and 10% individual
contribution. You must be able to work through the members of the
team to accomplish your goals.
- Understand your team, enable their career development while
managing their performance.
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and assistance to your
- Build trust and alignment across the organization and between
teams. Support a culture of responsibility and pride of
- Responsible for security, monitoring, and uptime for all
corporate cloud and physical environments.
- Deliver projects and releases across multiple teams on time by
identifying and mitigating risks through the development process.
Identify and resolve project technical dependencies.
- Evaluate teams and describe resourcing gaps. Hire/train new
- Monitor team velocity and help teams improve. Own the
escalation path for impediments.
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while
valuing and maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs, and
- Collaborate with Architects, Engineers, Product Managers, and
Technical Program Managers to manage the Product Backlog in a way
that balances the needs of the technology and the business.
- Occasional travel.
- 8+ years experience working in an operations team addressing
challenges such as patch management, backup and recovery,
networking, storage, capacity planning, etc. At least 3 years must
have been spent managing such a team.
- 5+ years of experience managing teams
- 5+ years of experience with AWS, Azure, or other cloud
- 3+ years Python or other scripting languages
- 3+ years of experience in building, deploying, and supporting
- 3+ years experience in Terraform or 5+ years experience in
configuration management software such as Chef, Puppet, or
- Strong understanding of Linux-based and/or Windows-based system
- Thorough understanding of DevOps principles including
continuous improvement, infrastructure as code, workflow
- Experience working within Scrum is required. You needn't be a
ScrumMaster - we have people to help with that - but you must
gravitate to iterative and incremental delivery as your preferred
means of working.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams,
and project management to understand requirements, describe
software product features, and technical designs.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and implement it
- Thorough knowledge of security best practices for on-premise
and cloud infrastructures.
- Prior experience in a HIPAA or HITRUST environment.
Keywords: PatientPoint, Cincinnati , Senior Manager, Technology Operations, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!