Company: First Student
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Why Work at
Excellent question! With over 800 locations across our
divisions, you will have exponential growth opportunity.
Furthermore, because safety is our number one priority, you will
work in a safe and positive work environment every day. Lastly, you
will receive a competitive benefits package that includes: 401k
with company match, paid time off, and a complete insurance plan
after 30 days of employment (health, dental, and
Responsibilities of an Operations
- Ensures home to school routes are covered in a timely and
efficient manner, working with Dispatch.
- Reviews calculated athletic trip tickets for accuracy and makes
corrections as needed.
- Interfaces with drivers about their concerns and performance
issues; ensures driver awareness of sleeping children and placard
- Investigates client complaints (e.g., school administrators,
teachers, parents, students) and coordinates resolution.
- Works with supervisors and the drivers in getting students to
school on time; watches driver roll-outs and roll-in to monitor
safety issues; identifies obvious mechanical problems (e.g., broken
lights); monitors driver pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Other
activities include, for example, random bus inspections, office
cleanliness, and shop conditions.
- Ensures achievement of on time performance goals, working with
school district staff, drivers, and dispatch (e.g., eliminate early
or late arriving buses.
- Monitors driver safety and makes Injury Prevention (IP)
contacts with drivers to identify and resolve safety issues;
participates in safety meetings. Initiates disciplinary action for
drivers (e.g., absence, tardiness) consistent with company
- Monitors attendance for home to school and athletics to ensure
attendance is at appropriate levels.
- Coordinates summer school requests, working with school staff
and Contract Manager.
- Assists Contract Manager with review and resolution of union
- Ensures dispatch staff assigns spare drivers and buses as
required or provide on time coverage of routes.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we would like the Operations Supervisor to
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in transportation
- 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred
- CDL B with S and P endorsements
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Good verbal, written, and relational communication skills, with
ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials, and general public
- Fluent in English
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as
Apply today to join our
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Cincinnati , Operations Supervisor, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!