First Student is a leader in transportation of children
K-12. As the largest provider of student transportation in
North America, First Student is more than twice the size of the
next largest competitor. Industry-leading safety programs,
strong customer relationships and service record are the key
At First Student, the Field Technical Innovation Trainer will
guide and assist location management and drivers in establishing
proper operating processes and procedures to support school
district route scheduling and operations. They will provide
training and support for scheduling applications as well as the
DriverHub Tablet Workflow Application. They will also travel
to depots for three weeks out of the month for onsite training and
While our Corporate Headquarters is based out of
Cincinnati, OH, this role will cover a territory primarily within
Illinois and Indiana. Candidates based in this region are
Field Technical Innovation Trainer
- Participates as a SME in school bus operations and leads the
deployment needed processes to allow success with route scheduling
and DriverHub training and support. Becomes a SME of the Driver Hub
Workflow application and leads assigned onsite support.
- Provides guidance for locations in preparation for deployment
and performs duties onsite during implementation.
- Assists in the ongoing development and communication of the
vision and mission of Project Adiona and the DriverHub
- Leads driver training sessions and supports drivers in the yard
and as part of selected ride-alongs
- Effectively manages time, resources, and processes.
- Supports change in people, structure, and processes that move
the organization from where we are now to where we want to be.
- Takes full accountability to deliver on commitments.
- Establishes partnerships at all levels and within the team or
department to achieve optimum results.
- Supports vision and mission, achieves aggressive performance
targets, continuously improves performance, assists others, and
recognizes others for their contribution.
- Escalates all identified issues
Field Technical Innovation Trainer Experience and Skills
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Logistics and operations background (2+ years)
- Excellent analytic and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Displays leadership and has ability to challenge others in a
- Total travel is expected to be 75% to US and Canada based
- Candidate is expected to travel three weeks out of the month
and work out of the Cincinnati HQ location one week out of the
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first,
dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable
transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As an
industry leader, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future,
and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.