Company: MultiColor Corporation
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label
companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal
Care, Food & Beverage, Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true
global leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26
countries.Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core values:
Integrity, Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and Achievement. These
values constantly guide our interactions and decision making at
Multi-Color!Join us today!Position Objective:The Press Operator
role is responsible for the set up and operation of single and
multi-color flexo printing presses in accordance with the printing
specifications and customerrequirements/expectations.Role and
- Manage and run presses assigned.
- Work indirectly with Quality personnel on a daily basis for
quality standards and sign-off.
- Work directly with their Technical Resource Person
(TRP)/Supervisor to understand and support the goals, plans, and
policies of the organization.
- Understand from TRP/Supervisor what steps to go throughfor
verification before a job is taken down
- Work with TRP/Supervisor to minimize and avoid future
backorders, reruns, and flag sheet occurrences
- Keep your press area clean and safe by abiding within the
established company cleanliness requirements, AIB, and safety
policies and procedures.
- Properly fill out and complete all required paperwork for the
- Responsible for verification of job material requirements, copy
and color requirements, press diagram sheet and anilox
- Responsible for following current and any new procedures.
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions for each order,
reporting any discrepancies to your TRP/Supervisor for
- Report any necessary maintenance required on the press or
auxiliary equipment to your TRP/Supervisor and fill out the
required work order.
- Follow and perform all established procedures for quality of
product, planning and trouble-shooting each order, requesting help
from TRPs/Supervisors as necessary.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance.
- May be required to view labels with assistance of strobe light
(Warning: Strobe lights may trigger epileptic seizures in persons
with photosensitive epilepsy).
- Forward any suggestions or concerns to TRP/Supervisor and work
with him/her to improve your ability to run equipment proficiently,
reduce waste, increase productivity, reduce set-up times, and/or
any additional enhancements to help increase profit and through-put
- Participate in implementation of process improvement for
internal/external customers through data collection, standardized
procedures and teamwork.
- Required to work 12 hour shifts; required to work weekends as
scheduled on a regular or as-needed basis.Duties may be changed or
additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Qualifications and Education
Requirements:Requires a high school diploma or general education
degree (GED), Technical degree in printing preferred. Requires a
minimum 5 + years of relevant experience in press operation in a
manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education
and experience.Preferred Skills:
- Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communicationskills.
Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructionsand SOPs in
English. Must be able to present information to team.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide allunits of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.Ability
to perform these operations using units of weight
measurement,volume and distance.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronicmail and
- Set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenanceon
- Basic leadership skills required to give supportassociates
- Read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Read and comprehend documents such as safety rules,operating
and maintenance instructions, procedures, and
- Pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness to be a cross-functional employee thatcan work with
multiple teams within the organization to achieve success.
- Capable of devising multiple alternative solutionsbased on
limited assumptions and information.PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL
DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job the employee is
- Wear hearing, foot, eye and/or otherpersonal protective
equipment while in a manufacturing setting
- Continually stand for prolongedperiods; frequently stoop,
kneel, crouch, bend, climb and balance; moderateto frequent walking
- Routinely use hands and fingers tohandle, feel, grasp, and
manipulate items; use hands and arms to reach foritems in and
around the press area; occasionally stoop or kneel whilereaching
- Frequently lift and/or move objects upto 50 pounds
- Regularly push or pull objects up to40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities include -close, distance, and
peripheral vision, depth perception, ability todistinguish color
variations, and ability to adjust focus
- Medium to loud noise environment
- Work flexible/varying schedules andhours as needed
- Work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated
deadlinesIf you need special assistance or an accommodation in
applying, please contact our Human Resources Department at
firstname.lastname@example.org.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: MultiColor Corporation, Cincinnati , Press Operator, Other , Mason, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!