Health Services Professional (HSP)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies
that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based
supports to people with intellectual and developmental
disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral
or significant medical challenges, and to children and their
Our founders (Husband and wife duo) Tim and Diane Madden opened the
first Dungarvin program, an ICF/MR serving 15 people, in St. Paul,
Minnesota, in March 1976.Tim and Diane were the live-in
"houseparent's" for that first program. Through the success of that
program Dungarvinhas grown toemployapproximately 4,000 people who
currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures that medication policy and processes are delivered and
maintained according to the SCL Regulations and Dungarvin
- Provides ongoing training and in-services to staff along with
Dungarvin Nurse (RN or LPN) to ensure the Medication Process is
properly in place
- Works hand in hand with Dungarvin's designated Pharmacy to
ensure that all individuals' prescriptions are up to date,
medication labels are current and correct, MAR's are accurate and
all documentation matches (prescriptions to labels to MAR's).
- Checks in all medications for each individual and ensures that
they are correctly delivered to each home for each individual on a
weekly basis. Appropriately handles any situations needing
- Serves as the first point of contact for Dungarvin staff
related to individuals' medication questions, issues, etc. Serves
as point of contact during the week, on the weekends and after
office hours to ensure individual medication needs are being met in
a timely manner.
- Assists in other areas of office work and in the homes as
- Monitors Medication QA in the homes and reports documentation
and medication errors accordingly.
- Attends in-services and workshops to keep abreast of current
policies in the field of DDID, home health care and supports for
community living waiver services.
- Performs varied duties as necessary and appropriate to enhance
and normalize the lives of Waiver Participants (SCL, MPW) in the
SCL program. This may include taking individuals to community
outings, doctor appointments, to and from workshop, etc.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- One or more years of office administration and computer
- Previous experience performing customer service and interacting
with individuals inside and outside an organization preferred.
- Must have knowledge of medical administration and
SKILLS THAT WILL HELP YOU EXCEL:
- Possess thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to
work for error-free medication reviews.
- Possess effective interpersonal, verbal communication, and
- Ability to deal with a variety of people, personalities,
situations and backgrounds over the telephone and in person.
- Maintain a professional image and positive work attitude in
order to appropriately represent SCL Participants, visitors,
candidates and employees.
- Welcoming, friendly and helpful disposition towards callers,
visitors and employees.
- Effective at addressing and resolving issues with difficult
callers and visitors.
- Possess good common sense to handle unique circumstances, solve
problems, and makes routine office administration decisions
- Accurate keyboarding and computer skills; Ability to
effectively use Microsoft Word, Windows and learn other software
- Ability to work as an effective and proactive team-player with
employees, co-workers and management.
- Time management and self-management skills necessary.
- Hours are generally Monday through Friday, day and early
evening hours; however;must be flexible to accommodate
participants, staff, and home needs.
This position assists with taking calls after hours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Dungarvin, Cincinnati , Health Services Professional (HSP), Other , Florence, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!