Company: Solvay Pharma
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Important EEO information related to opening in the US
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on
the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the "EEO is the
Law" poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who
inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of
other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of
the employment process, please send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The Manufacturing Operator is a key contributor to our operation at
the Cincinnati Site. This operator will be a part of the team that
operates various units within the facility. Through monitoring of
systems, tracking of inventory, and participating in problem
solving efforts; the operator will ensure product is produced at
the highest quality with solutions delivered to best service our
Some job responsibilities include:
* Take initiative to drive all aspects of Nocolok - or Alumina
production with minimal supervision while meeting HSE, quality,
schedule, and business requirements.
* Monitor all inventories and keep sufficient supplies in order to
* Participate in problem-solving efforts and pull together
cross-functional teams as needed consisting of resources such as
maintenance, engineering, supply chain, management, and
* Run, monitor, and adjust equipment and processes as necessary to
ensure product quality - including product attributes, packaging,
and shipment preparation - conforms with specification and customer
* Perform finished product quality testing.
* Seek and consult with Solvay technical/product experts as
necessary to resolve any production, quality, or equipment
* Job scope includes but is not limited to: Raw Material unloading
and staging, raw material addition, product formulation/mixing,
packaging, product storage, finished product analysis, finished
goods shipment preparation and loading.
* Perform minor maintenance and preventive maintenance activities
to support reliable equipment operations.
* Operate computer software to report and receive information in
all forms (including electronic) regarding unit status, operational
problems, quality defects, production requirements, and maintenance
* Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
* Minimum 3-years verifiable experience in chemical manufacturing
or an operator's certificate from an accredited program.
* Proficient in computer use and electronic communications.
Proficient with Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Excel), SAP,
email (Gmail), Google Applications, etc.
* Capable of writing production and productivity summaries on a
* Works independently, self-starter, results-oriented, proactive, &
* Customer orientation. Operator must have the mentality of being
the "owner" of the Nocolok - or Alumina Production Unit. He/she is
expected to efficiently & effectively operate the facility with the
best interest of the customer in mind.
* Algebra proficiency plus a working knowledge of the metric
systems and unit conversion.
* Must possess excellent leadership, communications, and people
* High school diploma (or GED) is required.
* Familiarity/experience with automotive quality systems standards
considered a plus.
* Climb stairs and ladders to access all areas of the plant
including roofs and tank tops, multiple times each shift.
* Wear personal protective equipment such as respirator, hardhat,
safety shoes, safety glasses, goggles, face shield, chemical
resistant clothing, hearing protection, etc.
* Use hand tools such as wrenches, hammers, pliers, screwdrivers,
etc. that are necessary for minor maintenance repairs.
* View computer and television monitors and hear audible
* Make adjustments to computer and to change equipment
* Record data on paper and electronic log sheets.
* Drive lift trucks.
* Regularly lift 20 kg pails as required and lift up to 50 lbs
* Manipulate manual valves.
* Work at elevations up to 100 feet as required.
* Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time (4 - 8
Keywords: Solvay Pharma, Cincinnati , Manufacturing Operator, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!