Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) Full-time or PRN
Company: SUN Behavioral Kentucky
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Summary:Provides activity therapy treatment to groups
and individuals to facilitate optimal rehabilitation and health of
mentally, physically and/or emotionally handicapped
patients/clients. Develops, implements and evaluates a
comprehensive Activities Therapy Program for the facility.
Participates in the performance improvement and continuous quality
(CQI) improvement activities of the Activity Therapy Services
Position Responsibilities:Clinical / Technical Skills (40% of
- Demonstrates knowledge of a wide range of psychosocial,
cognitive and/or developmental disorders, and physical
- Able to direct and coordinate Recreational Activities Programs
for the adolescent and child population.
- Ensures recreation therapy activities meet the needs,
interests, and capabilities of the patients/ clients of the
- Able to perform an appropriate assessment on all
patients/clients as related to therapy requested and makes
recommendations as needed.
- Able to assess patient/client pain that may interfere with the
optimal level of functioning or participation in rehabilitation.
Makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Ensures all necessary safety precautions are taken to provide a
safe environment for patients/clients and staff. Documents unusual
- Engages patient/client in purposeful activity using therapeutic
methods and goals, which are considered standard practice for
Recreation Therapy that are identified in the treatment plan
- Maintains departmental records and reports. Prepares reports as
- Communicates with supervisor for supply needs and equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Safety (15% of performance review)
- Strives to create a safe, healing environment for patients and
- Follows all safety rules while on the job.
- Reports near misses, as well as errors and accidents
- Corrects minor safety hazards.
- Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards
identified in the workplace.
- Attends all required safety programs and understands
responsibilities related to general, department, and job specific
- Participates in quality projects, as assigned, and supports
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
Teamwork (15% of performance review)
- Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and
- Responds willingly to colleagues and serves as an active part
of the hospital team.
- Builds collaborative relationships with patients, families,
staff, and physicians.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate, and present data and
information both verbally and in writing as required
- Demonstrates listening skills and the ability to express or
exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
- Demonstrates adequate skills in all forms of
- Adheres to the Standards of Behavior
Integrity (15% of performance review)
- Strives to always do the right thing for the patient,
coworkers, and the hospital
- Adheres to established standards, policies, procedures,
protocols, and laws.
- Applies the Mission and Values of SUN Behavioral Health to
personal practice and commits to service excellence.
- Supports and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through supply
usage, ordering of supplies, and conservation of facility
- Completes required trainings within defined time periods, as
established by job description, policies, or hospital
- Exemplifies professionalism through good attendance and
positive attitude, at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information,
following HIPAA and other privacy laws.
- Ensures proper documentation in all position activities,
following federal and state guidelines.
Compassion (15% of performance review)
- Demonstrates accountability for ensuring the highest quality
patient care for patients.
- Willingness to be accepting of those in need, and to extend a
- Desire to go above and beyond for others
- Understanding and accepting of cultural diversity and
- Required: Bachelors degree in Therapeutic Recreation from an
accredited school. Maintains an active CTRS through the National
Council for Therapeutic Recreation. CPR and hospital-selected
de-escalation technique certification.
- Preferred: Advanced degree in mental health field.
- Maintain education and development appropriate for position
- Required: One year of patient care experience in a behavioral
- Preferred: One year of experience as a CTRS in a behavioral
Keywords: SUN Behavioral Kentucky, Cincinnati , Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) Full-time or PRN, Other , Erlanger, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!