Counter Sales Associate
Company: Colony Hardware
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Reporting to the General or Store Manager, the Counter Sales
Associate will be primarily responsible for entering and pulling
orders, providing quotations, and providing application and product
expertise to existing Colony customers. The Counter Sales Associate
will also be responsible for supporting some warehouse operations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with customers and
- Verifies customer and order information for accurateness and
- Informs customers by mail or telephone of any anticipated
- Responds to customers by phone and in the store to process
orders quickly and accurately.
- Provides customer leads to the outside sales
- Restocks store shelves and clean store.
- Dedicates after hours' time to learn the features, benefits and
applications of our products by participating in sales and product
training events, and Evergreen online and off-site training
- Utilizes our vendor/supplier representatives on a consistent
basis to grow sales and close deals.
- Develops a strong sense of urgency in following up on
quotations and sales leads.
- Works collaboratively and develops a strong and positive
working relationship with the outside sales team.
- Provides customer assistance and collect payments for
merchandise at the pickup counter.
- Demonstrates proficiency in entering orders and preparing
quotations for customers.
- Reads pick tickets, prioritizing most critical orders, and
verifies item picked matches pick tickets.
- Moves completed orders to appropriate shipment
- Communicates issues to supervisor for resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a customer service, data
entry, or related discipline/position required.
- Programs used:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and perform
- Analytical ability including basic math skills.
- Ability to navigate websites and able to see, review, and
interpret computer images and written documents.
- Must have excellent time management, negotiation, critical
thinking, decision making, and organizational skills as well as
attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and
writing in the English language with the ability to converse
verbally with others on the phone and/or in person.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills with the ability
to interpret customer needs as well as demonstrate a customer
service mindset when dealing with internal and external
This position is a full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to
5:00 PM* position. Excellent attendance, punctuality, and working a
flexible schedule, including weekends, is required. Must be willing
to travel (by car or air) to other branches and locations and
dedicate after hours for modules, seminars, customer/company
events, and training sessions as needed.
*Hours may vary.
Physical Requirements/Equipment Used
Physical requirements include:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds regularly while demonstrating safety
techniques; occasionally lifting over 50 pounds with
- Moving about the warehouse and loading dock area majority of
- Exiting and entering vehicles several times per day
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders, crouch, bend, stoop,
kneel, reach and work in small spaces
Equipment used include:
Desktop computer and mouse/tablet.
Telephone, cellphone, fax machine, GPS.
Forklift and motorized pallet jack.
Scanning equipment, such as RF scanners
Motor vehicles, such as vans and trucks.
Colony Hardware is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.PI176396262
Keywords: Colony Hardware, Cincinnati , Counter Sales Associate, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!