CNC Controls Engineer
Company: KRC Machine Tool Solutions
Posted on: May 15, 2022
ABOUT KRC MACHINE TOOL SOLUTIONSKRC Machine Tool Solutions is a
provider of machine tools and services specializing in helping
customers maximize their production requirements through unique
solutions. Established in 1989, we are known nationwide as the
premier provider in the areas of unique machine builds, CNC
retrofitting, machine rebuilding, and machine tool services and
repair. At KRC, you will have the opportunity to work alongside the
most talented leaders in the Machine Tool Industry. We are looking
for passionate people to join our team, who are excited to help us
build the future generation of this industry. Our passion is in
solving customer's problems and creating unique solutions that no
other company can provide. In order to accomplish our goal of being
the best, we understand our people have to be our #1 asset and we
are fully committed to investing in your success.WORK SUMMARY:Write
complex CNC and PLC programs for machine tools. Design and layout
of new electrical and CNC control systems for retrofit and
remanufacture of machine tools and specialized machines. Assist
with the construction of complex detailed bills of materials.
Instruct and support electrical technicians, electrical engineers,
sales engineers, and customers as required. Document preliminary
and finalized CNC and PLC programs. Work closely with electrical
technicians to ensure a safe and reliable control system for all
machines. Assist in planning efforts of complex multilevel
projects. Research and develop new and improved control systems and
products. Assist in all aspects of the business that are electrical
and control related.DESCRIPTION OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Write and document complex CNC and PLC programs.
- Design and layout of high voltage schematics and I/O.
- Write and repair high-level ladder circuits, structured text
programs, and parametric programs.
- Design of servo systems for machine tools.
- Assist with final troubleshooting of all electrical and control
- Design operator's pendants and magnetics panels.
- Assist Purchasing with ordering of CNC control packages.
- Warranty and sales service and support
- Research and development CNC control systems.
- Keep work area neat, clean, and organized.
- Report daily labor activities.
- Other duties as assigned.RELATIONS TO OTHERS:Daily dealings
with management, engineers, inspectors, and electrical technicians.
Must maintain strong relationships and communication with vendors
and customers.KRC MACHINE TOOL SOLUTIONS OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES
AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid Uniforms and Cell Phones
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays.
- Health Insurance, Vision, Life, Dental, Long & Short-Term
Disability, 401k Profit Sharing
- Referral Bonus Program of $2500
- A Positive & Development Oriented Work EnvironmentJOB TITLE:
CONTROLS ENGINEERIMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: OPERATIONS MANAGERTRAVEL:
TRAVEL REQUIRED UP TO 50%
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or related
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and
CNC related software.
- Advanced machine tool knowledge and terminology.
- Strong background in Siemens and/or Fanuc Control Systems with
working knowledge of old and new CNC systems
- Advanced wiring methods knowledge. Including color coding,
proper connection, neatness, wire gauging and sizing.
- In depth knowledge of magnetic panel layout. (Proper spacing of
components, High and low voltage separation etc.)
- Working knowledge of NFPA standards
- Ability to power up and troubleshoot a wide variety of machine
tool control problems.
- Advanced level of machine tool control programming ability and
- Working knowledge of machine tool applications.
- Laser and ballbar calibration training. (Linear and rotary axis
- Strong working knowledge of analog and digital servo
- Ability to work closely with electrical technicians and others
to develop safe and reliable control systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Travel on short notice with extended periods of time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching, bending, and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.PI176434042
Keywords: KRC Machine Tool Solutions, Cincinnati , CNC Controls Engineer, Other , Independence, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!