Company: Global Business Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Global Business Solutions (GBS) is a privately owned and local
technology consulting and services company based in Newport, KY.
The company has distinct lines of business focused on Managed
Services, IT Solutions, Voice Solutions, Integrated Physical
Security, Audio Visual Integrated IT Solutions, Fully Integrated
Cabling Infrastructure, and Remote Work Technologies. The company
currently has 54 employees. GBS provides services to more than 1000
clients annually and has grown consistently and profitably since it
was founded in 1994.
This position requires a full-time presence in office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
* Skilled in the delivery of direct feedback and support to staff
and leaders with compassion, respect and patience while also
creating clear expectations and accountabilities for employees in
accordance policies and best practices. This includes further
developing anti-racism, diversity and inclusion goals, and
developing training for all administrative and staff.
* Manage Human Resources functions; maintain and administer records
in compliance with Federal, State, Local, and corporate policies,
and procedures; stay up to date with updates and changes to
employment law; work with Management daily to ensure compliance to
such laws and employee handbook.
* Manage and/or oversee all functions of employment including
recruiting, background checks and new hire orientation program.
* Oversee bi-weekly payroll processing; manage payroll policies and
procedures to ensure timely and accurate payment of employee pay;
assist with payroll issues and discrepancies; ensure accurate
calculation/entry of all pay rate changes and maintain all payroll
* Follow all safety and company policies, reporting any issues,
accidents, or incidents immediately.
* Responsible for 401k reporting and recordkeeping.
* Coordinate and administer all employee benefits and annual Open
Enrollment for benefits; communicate and assist employees with all
* Manage onsite recruiting by overseeing headcount, current
openings, postings, interview setup and offer letters. Recruits,
interviews, assists people leaders in the onboarding of new
administrative staff across all departments.
* Complete paperwork for work-related incidents; track status of
each claim; work with employee, worker's compensation carrier, and
Management team to manage claim; maintain all related files.
* Serve as primary contact to the Management team and legal counsel
on all human resources related matters; represent Two Bettys as
needed for legal matters in regard to unemployment and worker's
compensation; respond to all verification of employment inquiries
and other employment/payroll related notices.
* Prepare and maintain all employee files and records.
* Complete audits of Worker's Compensation, 401k, or any other
payroll or benefit audits.
* Interact with benefit vendors on employee programs benefits and
related questions (i.e. payroll, health and wellness, insurance,
COBRA, and 401(k).
* Coordinate with the Management team to update the employee
handbook and communicate changes to employees.
* Maintain bulletin boards related to Federal and State laws,
company benefits, and company functions.
* Verify yearly W2 forms as completed and provided by payroll
* Manage job safety and compliance training for installation
* Manage employee training and certifications per vendor
* Coordinate and organize employee appreciation events and the
quarterly All Company meeting.
* Identify and suggest opportunities for staff learning and
* Additional Duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources or related
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
SHRM certification preferred but not required. BS degree in HR
Administration or Business Administration.
REQUIRED SKILLS (TECHNICAL, CLERICAL, LANGUAGE, ETC.):
* Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, regulatory laws and manuals, and procedure
* Ability to leverage Google Suite or MS Office, HR technology
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence effectively
* Ability to communicate effectively with management, customers,
vendors, and employees of the company.
* Ability to leverage technology to assist in calculations
including increases, insurance premiums and other employee
data/metrics. Ability to solve practical problems and not so
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
KEY QUALITIES, CHARACTERISTICS & ABILITIES:
Compassionate, team player, employee engagement, approachable and
accessible, and ability to assist employees on off shifts as
Our organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Newport, KY 41071: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Bachelor's (Required)
* Human resources: 5 years (Required)
* SHRM Certified Professional (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Global Business Solutions, Inc., Cincinnati , HR Generalist, Other , Newport, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!