Quality Control Assistant I
Company: OMI Industries Inc
Location: Rising Sun
Posted on: January 26, 2023
$15/hourShift: Monday - Thursday, 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm About OMI
IndustriesAt OMI Industries, we are committed to using the natural
power of plant oils to produce safe, natural, and effective odor
removing products without the use of harsh chemicals or artificial
fragrances. With over 30 years of expertise, OMI is the world
leader in manufacturing natural odor eliminating solutions for
industrial, commercial, and consumer applications. We are looking
for a motivated Quality Control Assistant to join our growing team!
Job Description for Quality Control Assistant I:The Quality Control
Assistant will perform physical property testing of OMI products in
accordance to established written procedures and protocols. Testing
will be done for samples for both OMI and customers. Provide
assistance in maintenance of instruments/equipment, cleaning of
laboratory glassware, cleaning of laboratory and sample
preparation. Document all testing done, perform quality control
checks on all production and finished goods. Other job
responsibilities and duties will be provided upon hiring.
Responsibilities of Quality Control Assistant include, but are not
- Perform all physical property testing on all products following
established written procedures.
- Check results of testing against specifications.
- Insert data into internal systems
- Perform water and bacteria testing using established written
- Maintain the lab and calibrate equipment, including
documentation of use and results.
- Clean all laboratory glassware, instruments, equipment, and
surfaces when needed.
- Perform long term stability testing using established written
- Perform weight checks on all products and production lines
using established written procedures.
- Assist Quality Control Chemist and R&D Team with task as
- Learn and work on GCMS following R&D lead.
- Required to work with R&D Scientist II on a rotating
- Performs other duties as assigned.Competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;
Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting;
Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and
tries new things.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds
well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires
the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds
- Innovation--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets
challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for
improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents
ideas and information in a manner that gets others'
attention.Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- OMI Industries manufactures odor eliminating solutions.
Chemical exposure to raw materials including plant oils,
fragrances, and other materials will occur.
- Continually required to stand.
- Frequently required to walk, must be able to walk between two
buildings (200 feet) up to 20 times per day in all weather
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, or
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Frequently/required to lift/push/carry items less than 25
pounds/ up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally loud noise (examples: metal can manufacture, large
earth-moving equipment)$15/hourShift: Monday - Thursday, 12:00 pm -
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Ability to walk in-between buildings (200 feet) up to 20 times
a day in all weather conditions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal
- Basic computer skills including writing professional emails,
using Outlook, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screening.
- Positive attitude, highly motivated and great work ethic.
- Must complete safety training including extra laboratory
Keywords: OMI Industries Inc, Cincinnati , Quality Control Assistant I, Other , Rising Sun, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!