Cloud DevOps Engineer
Posted on: January 27, 2023
We help companies modernize how they communicate with their
employees - it's even sexier than it sounds. Think of a
Netflix-type experience for each employee. Yeah, the future is kind
of our thing. To that end, we're looking for individuals to serve
as advocates for our customers and to be the trusted guide on their
journey to modernize the employee experience. That means you're
thinking about their success and how Cerkl can exceed their
Who are we looking for?
Someone who geeks out on cloud architecture and scalability. The
Cloud DevOps Engineer will provide enterprise level leadership and
is responsible for assisting with designing, building, releasing,
monitoring, and managing the configuration and continuous
integration of the Cerkl Broadcast platform in a mission critical
cloud environment. The Cloud DevOps Engineer will work alongside
other engineers to support and guide the team in designing and
implementing scalable, fault tolerant software services and
implement best practices and standards. This role will also strive
to identify manual processes that can be automated and leverage
cloud infrastructure and related tools to create and maintain
different application environments. The Cloud DevOps Engineer
serves as the escalation contact for the customer success team.
- Stay current with new technology options and vendor products,
evaluating which ones would be a good fit for the company to
continuously improve cloud infrastructure outcomes
- Conduct performance monitoring and analyze performance against
benchmarks, making recommendations for improvement
- Recommend process and architecture improvements
- Identify technical issues and determine options for issue
resolution and risk mitigation
- Be a responsible, energetic individual passionate about
creating first-class software and value for our partners in a
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
What You Bring to Cerkl:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar GCP or DevOps Engineer role
- Advanced knowledge of cloud infrastructure services and systems
and the desire to continuously learn
- Proven track record designing and building web environments
which includes working with services like GAE, GCE, Airflow, Cloud
Storage, BigQuery, and Cloud Tasks.
- Strong understanding of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and
containerization concepts, including experience using tools like
Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience implementing and using system monitoring solutions
like GCP Cloud Monitoring, Stackdriver, and New Relic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability
to educate other people in procedural and technical topics
- Complete understanding of the theory, concepts, and real-world
application of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) tools
for automated infrastructure code test, integration, deployment,
- Experience with cloud automation technologies such as
Terraform, Ansible, TeamCity, and Jenkins
- Must be diligent, focused, and passionate with the ability to
work independently. If you love to push yourself and possess a
drive for thinking creatively to resolve complex problems - this is
Benefits & Perks
Cerkl supports employees' whole selves as our business begins and
ends with you. We offer competitive benefits because we believe
that if you take care of yourself first, the work will follow.
- Competitive Compensation: We value our employees, and that's
reflected in our fair, competitive salaries.
- Flexible Hours: We aren't a 9-5 work environment. Whether
you're a night owl or an early bird, we want you to work during
your most productive hours.
- Modern Tech Stack: From Totango, Intercom, Pendo, Vue.js,
Typescript, Laravel, Google Cloud Platform and more, each
team-member has input on what kinds of technologies our company
- Unlimited Paid Time-off: Getting out into the world or taking a
much-needed stay-cation to catch up at home refuels you in a way
our coffee machine can't. Cerklers are encouraged to take off the
time they need.
- Insurance Options: Cerkl offers competitive PPO and HSA
options, dental, and vision benefits for all of our full-time
employees and their dependents. We also offer all full-time
Cerklers a life insurance option.
- Professional Development Budget: We hire employees who crave to
learn something new, so Cerkl provides the resources. Get the costs
covered for that certification you've put off, a conference you've
always wanted to attend, or group fees that'll help connect with
- Anti-Corporate Culture: You won't get dinged for going to a
doctor's appointment or stepping away for a walk. Cerklers are
encouraged to recharge and live their lives outside of work. It's
okay to be passionate about your work - you can cuss here
- Remote-Friendly: You don't have to be in the office to make an
impact; we've got Cerklers across the US. Our Culture team works
hard to make sure remote employees feel connected.
- No Failure, Only Learning: When something goes wrong, there's
no finger-pointing here. Cerkl teams work collaboratively to solve
problems and improve together.
At Cerkl, we believe that there's a better way for companies to
communicate, engage, and understand their most valuable asset -
Founded in 2012, we're dedicated to bringing A.I.-powered
consumer-grade experiences to corporate communications. We work
with companies of all sizes and industries, including Paycor,
Citrix, and Arc'teryx.
Cerkl is always looking to add passionate game-changers to our team
to help innovate the digital communications landscape. It's How
Work Should Be.
Keywords: Cerkl, Cincinnati , Cloud DevOps Engineer, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!