Company: Genuine Parts Company
Posted on: January 27, 2023
This fabricator largely preps materials, performs production
processes and finishes custom fabricated products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Read and understand orders and utilize knowledge of materials,
equipment, fabrication and product requirements.
* Locate and gather the materials (e.g. urethane, PVC, rubber) and
supplies (e.g. chemicals) needed and check material for correctness
* Lay out, measure with a tape in standard or metric measures and
mark the base belt to receive the profiles or covers.
* Prep the base belt for proper adhesion of the profiles/covers by
buffing and burning off skives.
* Cut the profiles/covers to the proper dimensions.
* Apply profiles/covers and use heat or chemical bonding to
activate the adhesions.
* Fabricate timing gear belts by:
* Measuring and cutting materials
* Cutting thin slits across the surface of the belt covers
* Soaking, stripping and weaving materials as needed
* Finishing with a rolled edge process for an endless splice
* Clean and coat base belts and materials
* Set up, operate and disassemble punch presses.
* Attach cleats to belts.
* Set in grommets.
* Bag and stamp orders.
* Scan orders.
* Use various power and hand tools, fork lift and walk behind
electric lift safely.
* Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values
in all work aspects.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education and/or Experience
Possess a high school diploma or equivalent with work experience
that required attention to detail, teamwork and dependability.
Skills and Abilities
Comprehension and analytical skills to understand technical
drawings, prints, safety rules and operating and maintenance
instructions with guidance and instruction; solid math and
measuring ability; possess mechanical aptitude to operate various
power and hand tools and willingness to learn how to fabricate
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently
works near moving mechanical parts and blades and is exposed to
chemicals or airborne particles in the production area.
High level of manual dexterity for precision production; long
periods of standing; sufficient arm and hand strength to utilize
various tools; ability to lift and carry 5-30 pounds on a frequent
basis and 50 pounds occasionally; bend and stoop; hear and speak
for safe, effective communications; sufficient close vision,
peripheral vision and depth perception; ability to focus; walk and
use hands to handle or feel objects or tools frequently.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed,
color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship
status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, disability, military status,
status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's
policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and
terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement,
experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Keywords: Genuine Parts Company, Cincinnati , Fabricator, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!