Driller Assistant/Exploration Team Member I
Posted on: January 27, 2023
21476BRService Line:DrillingOffice Name:CincinnatiJob
Description:General Responsibilities:Exploration Team Members
(ETMs) will perform subsurface exploration duties using
conventional drilling or in-situ testing techniques. Drill methods
may include; auger drilling, mud rotary drilling, air rotary
drilling, and diamond bit coring techniques. In-situ testing
techniques may include cone penetration testing (CPT), pressure
meter testing, and rock dilatometer testing. Work may also include
the installation of instrumentation such as piezometers, monitor
wells and inclinometers. Work as part of a multiple person team on
projects. ETMs will perform daily tasks including: survey and
locate drilling points; conduct site reconnaissance; load/unload
tooling, materials and samples; classify soil and rock samples;
perform routine maintenance and basic repairs on drilling
equipment, prepare internal (daily field forms) and external (DOT
Logs) paperwork.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- This is an entry level position. No experience is
- The employee will be expected perform following tasks:
- Load tooling and materials.
- Assist in drilling operations and instrumentation and
monitoring well installation.
- Collect soil and rock samples and log field data.
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance.
- Perform basic surveying and site reconnaissance.
- Drive a medium-duty truck and trailer.
- Learn to inspect and how to maintain equipment.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or
concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Limited or no experience required
- Valid drivers license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to obtain a DOT Medical Card within first 30 days of
employment.Preferred Certification and Skills:
- Experience in diesel mechanics, welding, fabrication, heavy
equipment operation, and construction.
- Valid Class A or B commercial drivers
Title:Driller Assistant/Exploration Team Member IEmployment
Type:Regular, Full TimeCity, State (Office Location):Cincinnati,
OHAbout Terracon:Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned
consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients.
Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline
firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and
materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000
employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all
50 states. Terracons growth is due to valued employees exceeding
expectations in client service and growing their careers with new
and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.Terracons vision of
Together, we are best at people is demonstrated through our
excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility,
role and job status, we offer many programs including medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and
holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO
Statement:Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified
minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be
considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any
applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color,
religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.Job
Keywords: Terracon, Cincinnati , Driller Assistant/Exploration Team Member I, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!