RD, Access & Reimbursement - Cardiovascular - Ohio Valley - Remote
Company: Novartis Group Companies
Posted on: March 19, 2023
RD, Access & Reimbursement - Cardiovascular - Ohio Valley - Remote
For six decades, we've been working to advance cardiovascular health by transforming the standard of care and bringing innovation to areas of high unmet need.
CVD is the #1 cause of death worldwide. In fact, CVD isresponsible for more deaths than all cancers combined. And after a decade of decline, the number of deaths is on the rise again. Evidence suggests the pandemic led to the worsening of CV outcomes. This burden is likely to escalate and overwhelm society if we do not make significant changes to curtail the rising incidence. ASCVD accounts for 85% of CVD deaths and addressing key risk factors - such as elevated LDL-C and Lp(a) - can reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
The Regional Director, Access & Reimbursement PSS Ohio Valley geography is a remote & field-based role that covers the following, but not limited to: Pittsburgh & Scranton, PA, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, Indiana, Grand Rapids & Detroit, Michigan.
The individual must live within the geography and must be near major metropolitan airport; Travel, as required, and potentially on short notice.
The Regional Director (RD), Access & Reimbursement is a field-based role that serves as the regional lead for Novartis Disease Area aligned PSS Access & Reimbursement field teams. RDs lead a team of diverse field access & reimbursement roles focused on supporting customers on all matters related to patient access to the assigned disease area product(s). The RD will provide leadership, management and coaching, operations, compliance, and budget oversight for their aligned regions in support of aligned product(s) strategy and pre-specified business goals. The RD must maintain a national perspective in their decision-making, collaborate with other PSS and cross-functional RDs, and lead projects/initiatives at a national- and regional-level. RDs are responsible for linking business strategy with exquisite and compliant execution within their regions to deliver pre-specified impact for the Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation (NPC). They are also responsible for consistent acceleration of appropriate pull through of aligned business objectives. RDs should consistently demonstrate openness for courageous conversations and performance management of their direct reports to enable and bolster a forward-thinking culture, while also driving overall business impact.
RDs will partner closely with other Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) field and headquarter-based associates, including Customer Engagement (Sales) and Market Access, representing NPC with the highest integrity in accordance with NPC Values and Behaviors. RDs will also be required to coordinate and communicate cross-functionally within NPC (e.g., Patient Support Center, Customer Engagement, Marketing, Market Access, Public Affairs, State & Government Affairs, Trade, Specialty Pharmacy Account Management, and other applicable third-party affiliates). The scope and scale of the role will adapt to meet the expanding needs of Novartis in pursuit of enterprise impact.
Your Key Responsibilities:
* Attract, coach, and retain team of high performing Access & Reimbursement professionals.
* Provide frequent, ongoing performance feedback to all direct reports and foster a team oriented, supportive working environment.
o Create and nurture a team culture that embodies NPC Values and Behaviors and drives innovation, performance, and reputation. Seek to enhance your team's work experience by inspiring them, encouraging curiosity, and leading without authority.
* Pull through national strategy at a regional level to enable exquisite execution. Under the advisement of their manager, RDs also may be responsible for leading specific national strategies and tactic development.
* Proactively anticipate and coach teams on how to address access hurdles impacting key customers and patients.
* Integrate with NPC leadership and collaborate across multi-functional teams (PSS, Customer Engagement, Marketing, Market Access, Operations, Training, Legal, Compliance, etc.) to ensure a collaborative and compliant approach to support regional field success.
o Seek to identify challenges, escalations, and/or delay in treatment initiation and continuation; closely partner with all matrix team members to resolve such issues.
* Understand specifics of, and resolve questions associated with, practice and/or patient reimbursement to support on any issues with third party payers.
* Identify opportunities to complement NPC capabilities to strengthen the ability for patients to have access to therapy.
* Maintain a deep understanding of NPC policies and requirements and perform all responsibilities with integrity and in a manner consistent with company guidance and prescribed Values and Behaviors. Handle Patient Identifiable Information (PII) appropriately (understand and ensure compliance with HIPPA and other privacy laws and regulations and internal Company compliance guidelines). This comes with the added accountability of ensure your teams are also adhering to NPC policies.
Customer-facing roles only:
While Novartis does not require vaccination for Covid-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for Covid-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers' (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.email@example.com.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $201,600.00 and $302,400.00/ year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You'll Bring to the Role:
* Minimum of a bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred (Majors preferred: Sciences, Business, Pharmacy, and Healthcare)
* Minimum of 8 years in reimbursement, contract strategy (if applicable), managed care, sales/marketing or related field roles. At least 2 years leading a regional or local team and managing and collaborating across multiple stakeholders.
* Experience working with highly complex practices and/or health systems to establish access and acquisition pathways.
* Strategic account management experience using a proactive approach to anticipate access hurdles impacting accounts and patient access.
* Deep expertise and experience integrating manufacturer-sponsored patient support programs
* General knowledge of reimbursement pathways (specialty pharmacy, buy-and-bill, retail)
* Experience with specialty products acquired through specialty pharmacy networks and through buy-and-bill process, including expertise in acquisition, billing and coding, claims processing, and reimbursement
* Possess a strong understanding of Commercial payers, Medicare plans and state Medicaid in geographic region.
* Proven track record of building, and motivating teams, strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must live within assigned territory or near a major airport close to the geography; Travel, as required, and potentially on short notice
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Field roles with a dedicated training period only: The individual hired for this role will be required to successfully complete certain initial training, including home study, in eight (8) or fewer hours per day and forty (40) or fewer hours per week.
PATIENT & SPECIALTY SERVICES
Keywords: Novartis Group Companies, Cincinnati , RD, Access & Reimbursement - Cardiovascular - Ohio Valley - Remote, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
here to apply!