Company: Best Point Education & Behavioral Health
Posted on: March 19, 2023
We are currently hiring for the 2023 school year and for the up
coming 2023-2024 school year!Primary Responsibilities:Best Point
Education & Behavioral Health is actively seeking Intervention
Specialist for our education programs. The Intervention Specialist
provides direct classroom academic instruction to students and
creates/aligns lesson plans to state content standards.
Intervention Specialist participates in the development of each
client's individual education plan (IEP) and strategy sheet.
-$2,500 - $5,000 Sign on Bonus available for Licensed Intervention
- Position follows a 10-month education schedule, paid across
12-months (receiving the summer months of June and July off)-
Position is eligible for full benefits (dental/health/vision, PTO,
403B, Tuition Assistance, Public Loan Forgiveness)Primary
- Participates as a member of a treatment team in planning
individualized approaches for each child and familiarizes self with
the student's case record
- Completes all assigned paperwork such as, but not limited to,
lesson plans, incident and restraint reports, IEPs, IEP Progress
Reports and grades for report cards.
- Administers educational testing and assessments.
- Maintains student work portfolios in alignment with program
standards.Internal and External Collaboration
- Communicates weekly with the student's parents /guardians.
- Lead communication efforts regarding student progress.
- Actively collaborates with other agency programs (example The
Upper or Lower School, DT Ed) to ensure client needs are being met
and to benchmark and share resources and expertise.
- Actively participates in daily debriefings, student and staff
meetings.Direct Client Service
- Provides individualized direct classroom academic instruction
to students and creates and aligns lesson plans to state content
- Participates in the development of each client's individual
education plan and strategy sheet. Ensures implementation as
prescribed by the IEP and strategy sheet.
- Conducts on-going progress monitoring of students' IEP goals
and uses data to adjusts academic and behavior interventions.
- Functions as a positive role model at all times to promote age
appropriate social skills, self care, problem solving, modulation
of mood and maintaining appropriate body boundaries.Quality
Assurance and Effectiveness
- Ensures that lesson plans are aligned to Ohio Department of
Education standards and instruction follows the state operating
standards for serving children with disabilities.
- Ensures that classroom instruction is engaging, and instruction
is differentiated to meet the individual student's skills.
- Utilizes assessment data and IEP goals to influence lesson plan
- Participates in adjusting student's treatment and IEP plans as
needed to maximize progress. Supports student's growth and academic
achievements. Minimum Education, Experience and Other Skill
Requirements:This position requires a Bachelor's degree. Bachelor's
degree in Special Education is highly preferred from an accredited
college or university and a license through the state of Ohio as an
Intervention Specialist. A valid driver's license is required. Must
possess minimum technical skills including familiarity with
Microsoft Windows and ability to use standard Microsoft Office
applications.Culture:Best Point Education & Behavioral Health is
Greater Cincinnati's most prolific non-profit specializing in
education, behavioral and therapeutic health services and autism
services for vulnerable, at-risk youth, their families, and
caregivers.Best Point Education & Behavioral Health is proud to
embrace our ideals of an equal opportunity workplace by actions as
well as our words. We lead our community with respect and
tolerance, internally and externally, and we expect our employees
to embrace this ideal and express it in their day-to-day
interactions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated
against, based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status,
disability or any other protected category.
Keywords: Best Point Education & Behavioral Health, Cincinnati , Intervention Specialist, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...