Sushi Roller $16-$22
Company: Baru Sushi
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Baru (Opening Soon)
Baru is a Japanese inspired restaurant and bar. Sophisticated yet approachable. With a 30 seat central bar, a 10 seat omakase bar, and 80 seat dining room. Providing an energetic late night cocktail scene with a plush environment. Welcoming sushi lovers and socializers alike in a sophisticated yet approachable dining experience. We welcome you to stay-drink- and unwind with friends long into the night.
Baru's food will be unique to Cincinnati, by using only the finest ingredients, and the freshest, highest quality fish flown in daily. Outstanding American and Japanese wagyu will highlight a menu showing that we are more than just a "California roll". Using only the best ingredients allows for a menu that stands for itself. Fun, shareable items will bring you together. You will be excited about the experience. If you're a novice when it comes to food, we will knock down the barriers that have kept you from being thrilled about food. We want to share our knowledge of cuisine with you so that when you leave, you leave being more excited, planning when your next visit will be. Sophisticated yet approachable. Its where you go for a date, a celebration, or just because. Those coming in for "just a drink" will find it hard to not order an item off the menu. "I'm a food nerd. I get excited about teaching people about food. Where it comes from, how and why it's made. I love amazing ingredients that stand out. Getting people to try items they might not ever have had and then seeing their eyes light up. That's why I do this. That's what Baru will do." - Chef Robert GraceSushi roller
We are looking to hire a highly-skilled sushi chef to prepare sushi dishes in accordance with food health and safety regulations and restaurant standards. The sushi chef's responsibilities include preparing traditional Japanese sushi rice, chopping, slicing, and filleting various kinds of fish, and placing orders for supplies as needed. You should also be able to customize customers' orders according to preferences and food allergy considerations.
To be successful as a sushi chef, you should ensure that all ingredients used in dishes are of the highest quality. Ultimately, an exceptional sushi chef should work well under pressure and maintain restaurant standards during busy periods.
Sushi Chef Responsibilities:
- Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the Executive Chef when quality is sub-standard.
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination.
- Regularly taking inventory of food supplies and other products.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use.
- Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are met.
Sushi Chef Requirements:
- Proven experience working in upscale sushi restaurants.
- Sound knowledge of food safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Previous experience as a fine dining restaurant cook preferred
- ServeSafe or Food Handler's certification preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Excellent knife skills. Owning your own knives is a plus
Baru (Opening Soon)
Keywords: Baru Sushi, Cincinnati , Sushi Roller $16-$22, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
here to apply!