Job Placement Specialist
Company: Cincinnati Job Corps Center
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Job Summary: Responsible for preparing students for successful
job search, employment, military, and further education and
training opportunities that will ensure assigned monthly placement
goals are met and or exceeded. Access resources and services that
will assist students to successfully transition to the workforce to
ensure that 2nd and 4th quarter survey goals established by the
Department of Labor (DOL) are met or exceeded each month.
- Meets monthly assigned placement goals by providing quality
placement efforts for all assigned students.
- Conducts job development and establish employer linkages.
- Acts as a liaison with Career Transition Readiness staff to
place students prior to separation.
- Maintains a shared calendar on Outlook with management staff
that is updated daily.
- Participates in evening and weekend activities as necessary or
assigned by the OA/CTS Manager.
- Make visits to NEAP centers regularly. May require overnight
- Travel within assigned geographical area which can involve
overnight travel. This includes home visits to students on assigned
- Transports male and female students in government
- Establishes personal contact with prospective employers to
expand job development efforts for employment opportunities and
records all job development activity in database each week.
- Conducts employment skills training classes.
- Assists participants with occupational preferences through
- Facilitates coordinating job interviews for students.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Provides regular feedback to students regarding appropriate
- Assists students with transitional services, i.e., housing,
transportation and personal services.
- Maintains contact with employers per established goals.
- Conducts on-site visits with employers each month per
- Provides continuous follow-up with all terminated students for
period established by policy.
- Develops and monitors on-the-job training contracts.
- Maintains record of participant progress through employment
- Record all contact and services provided to students in the
required database in accordance with policy guidelines.
- Required to work as a team with Admissions Counselors (ACs) to
perform all AC duties when assigned based on contract and caseload
requirements. Training will be provided.
- Facilitates Career Planning Workshop with applicants in the
- Submits valid placement records with appropriate verification
information. All placement records are submitted to Quality
Assurance for approval.
- Maintains accountability of property, adheres to safety
practices, and performs safety inspections in area of
- Works to ensure performance management standards and goals are
- Complies with all Department of Labor (DOL) guidelines, Office
of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) regulations, Job
Corps notices and bulletins, and Insights Training Group. LLC
policies and procedures.
- Models, mentors, and monitors appropriate career success
- Participates in Policy and Requirements Handbook (PRH) mandated
staff training. This requires travel for face to face meetings to
include overnights and out of state.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Above average public speaking skills and experience in
same; above average verbal and written skills; above average
problem solving and conflict resolution skills; computer literacy
specifically Internet, Email, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
ability to work evening hours and periodic weekends; ability to
travel periodically. This is a salaried position and overtime and
comp time is not provided.
Experience: One (1) year experience in a performance-based
environment and sales, marketing, or counseling related services
preferred. Experience in case management and /or job development,
resume writing; interview skills; job search skills; accessing
community resources (childcare, legal and health); housing;
transportation; educational opportunities; and financial planning
preferred. Knowledge of skills necessary to establish liaisons and
interact with private and public agencies. Must possess the ability
to interact with employers and program participants.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Psychology,
Counseling, Education, Social Science, Business, Communications, or
closely related field; or associate degree in Human Services,
Psychology, Counseling, Education, Social Science, Business,
Communications, or closely related field, and 2 years' related
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver's license and
current automobile liability insurance coverage.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,
stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must
be able to occasionally lift and /or move up to 20 pounds. Specific
vision capabilities required by this job includes close vision,
distance vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor
weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to
This job description is not intended to all-inclusive. Therefore,
the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related
duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management
as required. The company reserves the right to revise or change job
duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that
the description does not constitute a written or implied contract
of employment. It is also understood that the company reserves the
right to change work schedules as required, including
Keywords: Cincinnati Job Corps Center, Cincinnati , Job Placement Specialist, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!