Specialist, Quality Engineering
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: Camp Dennison
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description: Job Title: Specialist, Quality EngineeringReq
Number: IMS20232408-105196Job Location: Cincinnati, OhioSchedule:
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse,
high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our
employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers'
mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an
inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and
promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an
unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and
commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies: L3Harris Technologies is an agile
global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering
end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs.
The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies
across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has
approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees,
with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Description: L3Harris Fuzing & Ordnance Systems (L3Harris FOS)
is the largest fuze manufacturer in the United States and is one of
the most advanced manufacturers of Fuzing and Ordnance products in
L3Harris FOS specializes in the development and production of
fuzing and safe, arming devices as well as the manufacture and
integration of ordnance systems for air-dropped, tube-launched,
missile and rocket-driven devices, and infantry-employed ordnance
products for the U.S. military and our international allies. The
program quality engineer function is a program focused role that is
responsible for protecting the customer in regard to product
quality and ensuring contract requirements are met. This includes
ensuring/verifying the quality of product inputs and the quality of
FOS is responsible for a broad range of products from purely
mechanical to solely electronic devices. The requirements for this
role are flexible because placement will be based on the best fit
for current experience. Special consideration will be given for
those that possess knowledge of electronics assembly including
automated electronics assembly.
Applicants should be able to work independently and solve problems
on their own. Experience with similar industry can replace some of
the education requirements.
- Review the purchase order, contract, and specification to
determine quality requirements. Assure these requirements are met
throughout all stages of the project, from initial quotation
request through production and delivery. The quality engineer must
be able to read and interpret the contractual requirements and be
able to understand design and production enough to ensure those
requirements are executed through production, testing and
- Prepare Certifications of Conformance (C of C) for materials
and services delivered to Government / customer. Review shipping
documentation to ensure quality requirements compliance. Review
waivers and deviation as required.
- Coordinate with Government / customer to schedule source
inspection of materials and services as required. Main interface
with the customer for all items upon final acceptance.
- Responsible for managing all inspection points in the
manufacturing process and determining inspection for supplied
parts. Creates product first article package with all assemblies
and components. Works with the supplier quality engineer to review
supplier control plans, inspection plans, process approval
documents, first article inspections.
- Works with program team in reviewing overall manufacturing
process and technical data package. Able to assist in failure and
problem investigations and implement corrective action. Provide
feedback for process and design changes.
- Serve as primary customer quality interface which may include
having to conduct customer quality briefings to the customer and
- Analyze quality performance and collaborate with program team
to develop improvement plans for the identified problem
- Provide input and guidance as a peer reviewer of inspection
plans and other contract line items.
- Participate in the development of products and processes and
transition them from development thru to production.
- Assist in bid and proposal responses providing information
supporting projected customer needs and requirements.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers,
co-workers, and managers.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant
experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 8 years of
prior related experience.
- Experience in mechanical manufacturing or electronics
industries with one of the two applicable:
- 2 years' experience minimum in engineering drawings, geometric
dimensioning and tolerancing, mechanical and electro-mechanical
assemblies. Understanding of inspection and gaging.
- 2 years' experience minimum in automated electronic assembly
and manufacturing methods with familiarity with J-STD-001
- 2 years' minimum experience in a quality or manufacturing role
leading root cause analysis and continuous improvement activities
in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and LEAN manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and master new material
- Strong drive and sense of ownership
- Ability to work collaboratively to improve processes
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Cincinnati , Specialist, Quality Engineering, Other , Camp Dennison, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!