Retirement Plan Advisor - Help Employees Plan & Save for Retirement!
Company: Great-West Financial
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Position Highlights Would you like to be a part of one of America's leading financial services firms? Great-West Financial is the nation's second largest insurer in sales of individual life insurance through banks. We also offer annuity and executive benefits products. Under Empower Retirement, we provide employer sponsored retirement plans as the nation's second largest retirement plan provider. Our over 5,000 associates across 40 locations across the country provide world class service to: 30,000+ employer sponsored retirement plans 8 million+ employees participating in their employer-sponsored retirement plan 467,700+ individual life insurance and annuity accounts $460 billion+ total assets under administration Are you interested in helping individuals plan for their future and save for retirement? Do you feel that people would save more for retirement if they only understood how their retirement plan and investments worked? Do you want to work for a financial services company you can be proud of?This is an opportunity to join Empower Retirement, a leading provider of group retirement services with more than a century of providing financial security to people across America, as a Retirement Plan Counselor. We provide you, as a salaried employee, with the training, equipment, career growth and support - you bring the professionalism and passion for educating about retirement planning. This position will cover multiple plans in the Cincinatti, Ohio area and will require some overnight travel.Primary Responsibilities
- Assist in developing the communication and education strategy for assigned plan(s). Assist in maintaining & retaining existing client relationships.
- Facilitate communication and education strategy by conducting group meetings and one-on-one employee/participant sessions.
- Provide consultative expertise to employees to increase enrollment and per participant revenue and retain participants. Typically handle moderately complex problems or inquiries.
- Complete and submit client related forms during employee contact sessions in accordance with policies and procedures
- Keep track of participant information and entering appropriate participant information into proprietary systems (meeting tracker, etc).
- Provide feedback to field management about what is working or not working in plan and assisting in identifying performance improvement opportunities for the plan performance.
- Be knowledgable on all plans covered - State of IN and several smaller governmental entities Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- 2 years of sales experience preferred
- Must obtain FINRA Series 6, FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 65 & other industry specific registrations/licenses required within 90 days of hire date. Current FINRA licenses strongly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportions, percentages and fractions.
- Experienced and comfortable with public speaking.
- Good working knowledge of the firm's products, the defined contribution business and ERISA preferred but not required. Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Will travel majority of the time using personal vehicle to go to local meetings with participants. We will provide mileage reimbursement for your travel. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills.About Great-West Financial At Great-West Financial-- and Empower Retirement, our more than 5,700 global associates are dedicated to helping customers secure their financial futures. We offer a range of retirement savings products, life insurance, annuities and investment services from offices across the country. If you're interested in joining a company that enjoys a record of strong performance and is rich in history yet innovative, bold and transformative, then our organization is an outstanding place for you to grow and succeed. We're an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We're also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Great-West Financial, Cincinnati , Retirement Plan Advisor - Help Employees Plan & Save for Retirement!, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!