Company: Meggitt PLC
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Requisition ID: 37118
Business Unit: MPC Cincinnati (MPC Cincinnati)
OH, United States, 45231
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Buyer uses expertise in performing a variety of purchasing activities including pricing, negotiating terms, volume discounts, long-term contracts and delivery of goodsservices with suppliers. Applies government laws and regulations while conducting procurement activities and ensures alignment with management objectives.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies
* Performs on time delivery of products or services, and negotiates with suppliers to reach highest quality at best value
* Initiates bid/quote process for services, supplies and equipment; prepares bid documents and oversees the bid process; performs bid analysis and makes recommendations regarding purchases
* Resolves problems and issues arising from purchase of services, supplies and equipment
* Evaluates reports to define the need for the purchased product(s), prepares request for quotations, evaluates quotes, selects suppliers, creates and approves purchase orders (POs)
* Manages specific custom commodities with high viability to balance demand and maintains an understanding of each supplier s capabilities and current capacity
* Applies understanding of basic market drivers, so that reasonable pricing can be determined and supply risk reduced
* Develops appropriate sources of supply and maintains cooperative working relationships with vendors to stay current with trends and technologies, products and services
* Maintains current and accurate purchase order data in the purchasing system (e.g. delivery dates, pricing, change orders)
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years\' Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience
* Experienced in acquiring materials necessary for manufacturing and the organization while maintaining relationships with vendors
* Demonstrated ability to write specifications, prepare bid documents, handle bidding process and analyze all bid results
* Strong experience negotiating license contracts with a track record of success
* Solves complex problems and exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to drive tasks to completion
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; ERP systems knowledge a plus
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
Keywords: Meggitt PLC, Cincinnati , Buyer, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!