Staff Geologist / Scientist
Company: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Posted on: February 14, 2019
OBG (www.OBG.com), Part of Ramboll, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
Staff Geologist / Scientist
OBG, Part of Ramboll, is currently seeking a Staff Geologist/Scientist for our Cincinnati office to work with multidisciplinary teams under the direction of senior scientists/engineers/project managers in implementing field investigation programs. Additional responsibilities include:
* Perform field tasks/sampling and field documentation as part of environmental investigation and remediation projects at industrial/hazardous waste sites primarily in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana, with limited potential travel to other locations.
* Oversee and coordinate subcontractors and vendors
* Contribute to preparation of reports and other documentation and assist in technical evaluations of data
* Individual will be responsible for completing field work with basic supervision, ultimately advancing toward working with little to no supervision.
* As needed assistance with wetland delineations, ecological evaluations, surface water monitoring and sampling and assistance with permitting (will train)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* BS/MS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline
* 1 to 3 years of technical and field investigation experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
* Requires long periods of standing, walking over rough terrain, lifting no more than 50 lbs., reoccurring bending in outdoor climates.
* Good interpersonal skills, customer focus, and strong ability to work effectively in teams
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong attention to safety, detail and quality
* Eagerness to continue learning and a commitment to improvement and professional growth
* Active participation in professional associations and other organizations a plus
* OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour certification preferred
* Position will require some travel up to 20%.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
OBG, Part of Ramboll is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc., Cincinnati , Staff Geologist / Scientist, Other , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!