GENERAL FUNCTION: Performs a wide range of
duties relating to the acquisition of residential 1st mortgage
loans from third party originators (TPOÆs), either through a
Tablefund or Closed loan process. Develops TPO client base in
assigned geographic area, through networking, sales calls and
presentations. Maintains contact and relationships with both
internal and external customers to ensure all expectations are met.
Assumes overall account responsibility for maximizing a successful
business relationship with their TPO customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works in assigned territory to ensure awareness by TPOÆs of
Mortgage Company loan products, underwriting, regulatory, loan
closing and credit policies.
* Creates annual business plan for sales activities in assigned
geographic area, including client-share analysis, value-ad sales
proposition and resulting strategy for each TPO
* Develops new TPO contacts through various mortgage affiliations
including mortgage banker organizations, mortgage insurance company
* Maintains knowledge of Mortgage Company policies and procedures,
loan products, and pricing policies.
* Follows defined protocol for escalation of any pricing and credit
* Completes due diligence process and structures new TPO approval
recommendations. This includes TPO Application, analysis of TPOÆs
processing and loan packaging capabilities, financial capacity
analysis, reference checks and personal interviews with applicable
TPO management and staff.
* Conducts walk-through presentations for complete training of new
TPO on all Mortgage Company loan products, pricing, processing,
underwriting, closing documentation requirements, funding
procedures, and conducts follow-up training as needed. Maintains
walk-through presentation and structures individual document for
each new TPO client.
* Aggressively assists in resolving procedural and/or documentation
deficiencies of TPOÆs, including post-closing deficiencies,
scorecard analytics and other qualitative issues.
* Manages pipeline for all registered/locked loans through closing
and package delivery to maximize pull-through with on-time
* Responsible for initial due diligence and investigating business
background of potential new TPOÆs as well as being aware of TPO
origination practices and procedures, compliance procedures,
quality control policies, pricing policies, closing/funding
procedures and customer satisfaction issues. Immediately reports to
management any knowledge of procedures or conduct by TPO that are
not in compliance with Mortgage CompanyÆs standards.
* Maintains industry-best levels of customer service while managing
each TPO and support staffÆs expectations.
* Enhances and encourages the effort to cross-sell both TPOÆs for
business services as well as TPOÆs new customers in multiple
* Manages to the monthly, quarterly, and annual goals established
by the Mortgage Company.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None