GENERAL FUNCTION: This person will provide
support for the development, implementation and documentation of
innovative fraud prevention strategies by analyzing fraud trend
data. Works closely with Fraud Product Strategy Manager and Fraud
Strategy Analyst to identify fraud risks on card, deposit, and loan
products. Oversees system and analytical tool enhancements in order
to maintain productivity and efficiency of card, deposit, and loan
fraud strategies. Represents bank protection fraud strategy on new
project and product initiatives. This position requires an in-depth
understanding of card fraud/risk management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identifies risk factors and trends of potentially fraudulent
activity utilizing technical data analysis and statistical
* Develop and implement comprehensive fraud detection strategies
and business rules that balance fraud loss, cost of execution, and
* Leads root cause analysis to identify opportunities to predict,
prevent and mitigate risk within processes and
* Utilize analytics to optimize existing fraud strategies, in order
to reduce false positive rates and increase fraud detection
* Extract and analyze data, investigate data integrity, generate
metrics and perform data and portfolio analysis.
* Generate fraud metrics to show the performance of fraud systems
for use in management reporting.
* Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies and
take actions to mitigate emerging fraud risks with guidance from
* Build strong relationships with Retail, Commercial, Product and
IT management to gain support of risk management.
* Represents bank protection fraud strategy on new project and
* Manages multiple projects to enhance and optimize fraud strategy
systems and tools.
* Recommends enhancements and process improvements based on
assessment of fraud systems and processes.
* Develops trending reports and key indicators to serve as early
warning risk indicators for potentially fraudulent
* Communicates significant issues to management; make
recommendations when weaknesses are identified.
* Partners with Lines of Business and corporate partners to effect
change and promote awareness through the coordination of fraud
detection monitoring of system enhancements and statistical trend
* Maintains a cutting edge awareness of company goals and industry
* Perform ad-hoc analysis as potential risks are
* Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May be responsible for managing a
small number of on-shore or off-shore business analysts. Will
provide employees timely, candid and constructive performance
feedback; developing employees to theirfullestpotentialandproviding
challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth;
developing the appropriate talent to ensure adequate bench strength
and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for