GENERAL FUNCTION: The Resolution Specialist
performs a variety of high priority tasks under minimal
direction/supervision from the Collections Management. Multiple
products are considered and multiple systems are utilized.
Delinquency rates range from 0 - 180+ days delinquent, including
but not limited to; bankruptcy, repossessions, pre-charge off,
charge off, recovery and Loss Mitigation. The Resolution Specialist
ensures that departmental, legal, and regulatory guidelines are
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responds and replies to Collections Hotline Complaints.
Researches the complaint and recommends the appropriate course of
action to management. Follows up with management when needed, and
ensures that a response or a resolution is offered to the
* Resolution Specialist has the authority to resolve ACH
corrections, overdraft situations, and fee corrections (NSF, late
fees, and incorrect fees) independently of
* Authority Level to approve up to $250 per instance for
* Receives and reviews letters received from borrowers relating to
Consumer Collections and Office of the President disputes.
Researches the issue and recommends the appropriate course of
action to management. Follows up with management and ensures that a
response or a resolution is offered to the borrower within 72
* Ensures that all required documentation is made available to
management for problem resolution.
* Acts as a liaison to Fifth Third Legal Counsel and outside
collection agencies on collection matters ensuring policies and
procedures are followed.
* Verifies the accuracy of affidavits required for the Bank''s
legal representation, and completes any information required by our
attorneys and collection agencies in the final stages of
* Responds to Legal Discovery requests and ensures that all
required documentation is made available to the entity requesting
* Coordinates and prepares personnel at Fifth Third to act as
witnesses for Internal Legal matters when a court appearance is
necessary. Through research is completed to ensure that sufficient
documentation is available to both the attorney and the 5/3
personnel representing us in this matter. In the event insufficient
evidence is available, or the cost to attend seems unreasonable,
the specialist may recommend that the matter be withdrawn or
* Reconciles loan histories when required creating comprehensive
ledgers or spreadsheets to improve evidence in
* Ensures that all internal legal issues are consistently reviewed
daily to ensure that accounts are managed on a regular basis,
(N.A.L.B.) and works as management directs.
* Assists with the collection process; speaks to the borrower when
needed to solve problems.
* Adjusts credit reporting if necessary.
* Successfully completes assigned projects using business-related
applications such as Amtrak, ACE, Mobius, and Excel.
* Records all completed tasks via notes in the collection system
(CACS) and in the departmental log.
* Performs other duties as assigned, including collections activity
as management directs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None