GENERAL FUNCTION: Under general supervision
of team lead and supervisor, process assigned adjustment cases and
or tasks to departmentÆs production and quality standards. Research
adjustment request thorough multiple systems for other departments
and retail. Reply to internal customer questions regarding assigned
cases in a timely manner. Interacts with other financial
institutions & Federal Reserve Banks across the country. Provides
excellent customer service to the adjustment departmentÆs internal
and external customers. Escalating difficult issues to lead clerk
and/or supervisor to ensure the case is resolved timely. Update the
Resolve Check application with all relevant information and
required back up for each case.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Investigates routine customer and/or correspondent bank
inquiries/concerns and independently researches and resolves
* Research adjustment request through the use of multiple systems
to ensure a correct and timely case resolution.
* Maintain individual case log so that high risks adjustments,
i.e., cases over $10,000 and aged items, are worked timely so to
minimize risk of financial loss to the bank. Resolving cases within
Adjustment departmentÆs Production Standards.
* Execute necessary monetary adjustments to internal accounts and
outside financial institutions by directly charging/crediting the
account or by putting through the appropriate charge/credit ticket
to be processed. Such tickets must be completed accurately and have
* Follow up on request to other departments and outside financial
institutions for necessary supporting documentation to ensure cases
can be resolved timely.
* Escalate issues with resolving cases to the team lead or
supervisor to ensure that case is resolved timely or reassigned to
the proper stage, i.e. collections or charge off.
* Respond timely (within established standard) to request by
management, customers and other financial institutions for status
of case, clarification of why adjustment was made or for supporting
* Maintain accurate electronic records of open and closed cases and
regularly update in department database (Resolve Check) status of
* Provides internal/external customers with exemplary customer
* Perform any other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.