GENERAL FUNCTION: In an area of high dollar
volume, client sophistication and trust, and high client
expectations, provides support to clients and Relationship Manager
on assigned group of custody accounts (under general supervision).
Serves as theprimary contact with clients and/or their business
partners and act as liaison between the client, relationship
management and back-office processing operations. Adheres to
internal department procedures and deadlines to ensure regulatory
compliance andexemplary client service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works independently as primary point of contact and support on
assigned custody account relationships which include monitoring,
reviewing and balancing account activities involving Global and
Domestic cash flows, foreign exchanges, income
repatriation,physical security handling, overdraft and failed trade
resolution and account maintenance to internal system
* Research and resolve issues presented by clients, their partners,
relationship management and all other internal and external clients
and communicate in a timely manner. Escalate issues/problems
appropriately, according to established escalation paths.* Review
and obtain client authorization on Tax Documentation in order to
maintain favorable tax status in Global Markets.
* Partner with Securities Lending Agent and/or Investment Advisor
on global activity, such as shares segregated due to proxy voting,
registered/unregistered shares for JPY dividends, debit/credit
interest from sub-custodians.
* Research causes for overdrafts and prepare claims to Investment
Manager and/or Securities Lending agent as needed.
* Partner with relationship management, via periodic meetings,
regarding status of clients and all other significant
* Ensure service level standards are met.
* Review fees and research/resolve all inquiries; make system
adjustments to daily balances, when appropriate, to reflect
* Backup team members and department in general.
* Maintain accurate desktop procedure manuals.
* Complete audit and statement requests from
* Follow all compliance requirements of Securities Services
including the collection and retention of proper account
* Assist with special projects.
* Participate in Client meetings/conference calls, as appropriate,
which may require some travel.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.