GENERAL FUNCTION: Part of the systems
engineering job family responsible for the oversight, design,
development and maintenance of Windows Systems for Fifth Third
Bank. Works with technical staff to resolve hardware and software
problems, coordinates projects and implements new technologies and
systems of a high level of complexity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Functions as a technical expert in the design, development,
modification and debugging of Windows System Hardware and Operating
* Develops project plans, work assignments, target dates and other
aspects of assigned projects and communicates this information to
senior management and the business unit.
* Works independently designing and developing new Windows System
* Plays a key role as a team member or as an individual contributor
for projects with varying complexities.
* Assists with capacity/scalability planning.
* Oversees the advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution for
* Functions as a lead in coordinating activities around Windows
System design and implementation with users and other IT
* Provides strategic development recommendations for specific
business applications areas as it relates to the recommendation,
installation and networking of new Windows Systems.
* Researches new technologies and recommends process improvement
solutions as it relates to the analysis, design and implementation
of new Windows System solutions.
* Responsible for systems performance and resolution of production
incidents, which may require 24x7 coverage.
* Other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None