FUNCTION: Responsible for the administration and/or
support of databases and resolving database issues including
installations, system status and downtime procedures. May provide
input on project development and forecasting.
The position is on the Technical/Professional ladder at level 3 in
the Database Administration discipline.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implements data models, database structure design, backup and
2. Installs and maintains development and production databases
(e.g., SQL Server databases).
3. Designs, enters, audits and maintains small-scale to large-scale
4. Responsible for verifying all data to be entered into database
meets set standards and requirements.
5. Identifies, tests and resolves complex database issues (e.g.,
monitoring and tuning).
6. Performs database system management functions (e.g., software
installs, version upgrades and configuration
7. Defines, recommends and develops database standards, procedures
8. Designs data models and DW database
9. Participates in a 24x7 production support on-call
10. Performs SQL Code Index Reviews.
11. Ensures optimal performance and availability of
12. Other duties as required.
Installation, configuration and upgrading of
SQLServer server software and related products.
Evaluate SQLServer features and SQLServer related
Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery
policies and procedures.
care of the Database design and implementation.