GENERAL FUNCTION: Responsible for the
execution of complex financial analysis and business improvement of
key areas within the Bancorp. Emerging as financial leader to Fifth
Third Bancorp lines of business, affiliate leadership, and/or
external agenciesto understand and meet the information needs
required to sustain growth. Focus on providing value-added analysis
and recommendations to support business growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Understands the identification of key business factors (both
internal and external) that impact the business.
o Maintains an up-to-date knowledge base to keep current on
existing and emerging issues; applies this knowledge to assist
business managers in growing their business.
o Develops recommendations and action plans to support growth and
eliminate or mitigate observed risks.
* Plays a key role in the execution of financial analysis and in
driving business results.
o Prepares and analyzes monthly reports. Investigates and documents
o Performs maintenance on existing schedules and reports for
changes to information.
o Documents, evaluates and improves design of reports and processes
to ensure that analytical tools evolve as business
o Develops trend analyses and other quantitative reports to
determine business trends.
* Assists management with the development and maintenance of the
performance data systems designed to review organizational and
* Establishes, fosters and maintains working relationships with
peers and management within Bancorp Finance, affiliates and all
lines of business.
o May serve as the division leader to lines of business regarding
mergers and acquisitions, conversions of application systems, and
complex reporting needs.
o Attends meetings with peers to maintain knowledge of current and
emerging issues and risks in respective focus areas.
o Is an active participant in process improvement and problem
* Assists with the preparation and analysis of annual profit plan
and rolling forecast for line of business.
* Analyzes business performance, make recommendations for
improvements and measure progress.
* Provides training and guidance to less experienced
* May be responsible for incentive plan
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides guidance to less experienced
staff, but no direct supervisory responsibilities.