GENERAL FUNCTION: Under moderate supervision
in a fast paced environment, the analyst reviews a Brokers Price
Opinion (BPO) of real estate used to secure Mortgage, Installment,
and Line of Credit loans that are now delinquent. Using the BPO and
other valuation tools to determine a value of the asset, the
analyst recommends the appropriate write down (charge off) to meet
FFIEC regulatory guidelines. The analyst will also make legal
recommendations for the collection or recovery of the delinquent
loan. All Foreclosure, Monetary Judgment, and Release of Asset
actions must follow Departmental, investor and legal guidelines
with management approval. All real estate secured loans are worked
as needed, and delinquencies range from 0 û 180+ daysÆ delinquent.
Analysts will be responsible for working across departmental lines
with Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Loss Mitigation and others as needed
to meet the expectation of the Default Collections
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Orders and reviews Brokers Price Opinions (BPO) and/or Appraisals
to evaluate data provided to determine fair market values of
collateral. This information may be used to meet FFIEC guidelines,
make legal recommendations or for the benefit of other
* Review Origination Files for loan documents needed to make an
accurate valuation and legal recommendation
* Conduct research and access credit bureau information to
determine balances and lien position.
* Order Title Searches as needed on Real Estate loans and obtain
results to determine the BankÆs current lien
* Provide extensive loss analysis regarding the loan once the
current value of collateral is obtained with recommendations to
management for the next course of action on the
* Record all completed tasks via the collection systems
(MortgageServ, NERD, CACS).
* Resolves routine problems escalating only complex calls and/or
problem accounts to the supervisor.
* Acts as a liaison between default and other branches of bank
* Successfully completes assigned projects using business-related
applications and Microsoft office tools as needed.
* Work with Vendors to maintain the highest quality product and
notify management of any deficiencies in the vendor product or
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.