GENERAL FUNCTION: Performs a wide range of
duties related to support and general guidance to Mortgage
Fulfillment/Sales roles in the field in a call center-type
environment. Provides feedback, coaching and direction to those
employees in the field who call with questions related to the
structuring of residential mortgage deals and underwriting
questions. Analyzes proposed deal structuring and proactively
recommend products and services to enable Mortgage
Fulfillment/Sales employees to structure a sale and/or underwrite a
loan. Handles underwriting decisions requiring senior knowledge
and/or unique problem solving abilities. Has in-depth knowledge of
underwriting including FHA underwriting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide phone based support using an AVR or other automated
queuing phone system. Answer calls as they are queued in the
* Log calls into automated AVR system/database to insure proper
accounting of call volumes and times. Maintain accurate records and
calls logs for management reporting.
* Within appropriate timeframes, answer userÆs inquiries via
telephone concerning loan structuring, underwriting questions,
product inquiries or general mortgage sales/fulfillment questions.
Recommend actions and solutions to meet customer
* Perform triage of incoming calls and exercise appropriate
judgment in escalating problems of a more complex nature to more
* Review declined loans. Review work and decisions made in the
affiliates and determine feasibility of re-activating loans based
on underwriting and FHA guidelines.
* Interface extensively with end users, management, Product, and
Secondary Marketing in the resolution or escalation of more complex
* Instruct end users in the use of automated tools, Unifi, product
guides or reference materials.
* Utilize all systems in place, including automated underwriting to
determine underwriting feasibility based on customer phone calls,
questions and inquiries.
* Must be able to underwrite conventional, portfolio loans, and
FHA/VA loans, although the role will not have specific
responsibility for the actual underwriting approval.
* Meet expected service levels related to deal desk Service Level
* Update information on processing and underwriting systems to
verify, add, delete or waive conditions.
* Contact Loan Originators and Fulfillment staff with follow-up
information on customer requests if the issue cannot be solved
immediately via the phone.
* Insure advice, counsel and direction given to customers meets
Fifth Third quality, risk and compliance guidelines for Residential
* Maneuver in Unifi to analyze proposed deals and customer
* Attend required training related to risk and
* Demonstrate leadership skills as a team player by providing
superior customer service, being flexible and
* Serve as an intermediary for loan issues between sales and
fulfillment in the field.
* Participate in ongoing efforts to improve customer service for
internal and external customers.
* Maintain knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage Company policies and
procedures in addition to private investors, government investors
and portfolio Credit Policy and Guidelines.
* SEE ACTUAL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ALL DUTIES AND
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.