GENERAL FUNCTION: Raise awareness of Bancorp
strategic initiatives by communications with traditional and social
media, employees, customer, shareholders and the general
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and maintain relationships with national, local and
* Develop and maintain relationships with local business and
* Develop and maintain strong relationships w/Fifth Third
business-line, philanthropic and staff department
* Deliver, develop and ratify reputation management
strategy/position for a variety of issues.
* Develop strategic executive communications to variety of
audiences, through a variety of mediums.
* Manage all "Office of the President"
* Manage and develop award nominations for Bancorp executives;
promote Bancorp award winners through various media. Monitor
overall Bancorp award nominations recommendations
* Prepare remarks, speeches and presentations for President & CEO
and other executive staff.
* Act as project manager and editor of customer communications such
as Bancorp Community Investment Annual Report.
* Lead strategic priorities and group initiatives, as
* Maintain awareness of current banking trends in order to provide
timely and accurate response, when necessary.
* Develop key messages, talking points and other materials for CEO
and leadership team, staff interviews with CEO and leadership team,
* Prepare news releases for the Bank and work with line managers to
develop story ideas for proactive media placement.
* Develop strategic communications plans to support lines of
business and Bancorp staff functions.
* Arrange interviews with print and broadcast media.
* Provide support to Director of Corporate Communications regarding
M&A and other Bancorp strategic initiatives.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Must have the ability to provide
guidance and coaching to other corporate communications staff